UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Xavier Foupa-Pokam Released by UFC

6/1/09 4:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Xavier Foupa-Pokam’s tenure in the UFC has concluded after just two fights. The talented striker known as “Professor X” was released by the promotion on Monday.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com confirmed the news on Tuesday afternoon with a source close to the fighter.

read full article...

6/1/09 4:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Georbraham Linkington
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shouldn't have been there in the first place
Mad Xyientist
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that HAS to the quickest 2 fight tenure of the Zuffa era, for you odd MMA historians.
NoPlacebo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the fairest of rewards after stepping up and fighting so quickly again but he's got holes in his game he needs to work out before coming back.
6/1/09 4:03 PM
voorhees

Thats ok,I didnt want to listen to the announcers say his long stupid name any more anyway.
6/1/09 4:04 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Xyientist - that HAS to the quickest 2 fight tenure of the Zuffa era, for you odd MMA historians.

" quick "
6/1/09 4:05 PM
cqjnell

Looked like a tool coming out for the fight, raised hell about a very justified stoppage. Unprofessional, not ready for ufc level competition.
6/1/09 4:05 PM
Tomato Can
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's pretty cool and I was rooting for him against McFedries. Sadly, he's just not that great of a fighter.
6/1/09 4:11 PM
Tomato Can
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both got blasted by McFedries. At least Sakara has some semblance of a ground game.
6/1/09 4:12 PM
Bry Bry

i dont get this at all...this guy seemed like a very explosive striker although he had holes in his ground game but so what??he gets cut asfter 2 fights when you have gtuys like jason mcdonald and leben sticking around for years after losing many fights and looking badly...wtf..
6/1/09 4:16 PM
Tomato Can

Edited: 06/01/09 4:16 PM
1. MacDonald has been cut despite being a much better fighter than XFP.

2. Leben has a lot of UFC wins (Sakara, Martin, Santiago, Fiorivanti) plus he's a well known face. No way he's going anywhere unless he just loses so much it gets pathetic.

XFP wasn't some big name signing. He was a marginal European fighter who they took a bit of a chance on after he went on a nice winning streak. He's probably not even top 50 in the division. They can always bring him back if he goes on another run.
6/1/09 4:19 PM
Mad Xyientist
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3.  They're not going to run in France anytime soon and they have plenty of Brits now for their England cards.
6/1/09 4:24 PM
NoPlacebo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People really hate on Leben but he's 8-4 in the UFC, that's a lot of fights and he's very recognizable. Sakara I cannot explain though, 4-4 they must really like him as a person.
6/1/09 4:27 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoPlacebo - People really hate on Leben but he's 8-4 in the UFC, that's a lot of fights and he's very recognizable. Sakara I cannot explain though, 4-4 they must really like him as a person.

Leben should have a better record than that as well since IMO he beat Kalib Starnes. They gave Starnes the fight based on takedowns even though Leben dished out more damage.
6/1/09 4:27 PM
Tomato Can

Sakara is a KO artist and the fighters he loses to are generally pretty good, which is presumably why they kept him around. That said, he seems to have returned to boxing anyway.
6/1/09 4:43 PM
nyhcloyalty
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DemandMMA, Admin
cyberc92 - 
NoPlacebo - People really hate on Leben but he's 8-4 in the UFC, that's a lot of fights and he's very recognizable. Sakara I cannot explain though, 4-4 they must really like him as a person.

Leben should have a better record than that as well since IMO he beat Kalib Starnes. They gave Starnes the fight based on takedowns even though Leben dished out more damage.

I agree with this completely. Kalib even said that Leben won the fight, in the post fight interview. Horrible, horrible decision. 
6/1/09 4:49 PM
Beeno
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Released and "banned" aren't the same thing. Dude wasn't ready. McFederies isn't exactly in the top 1000 of MW contenders. I didn't see his first fight so it's not fair for me to judge him off that one fight against McFed.

It's just sad that the UFC acts like they only have X slots to fill these days, but plenty of "Hmms" are still getting fights.
6/1/09 4:52 PM
jujubre
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is why you should never accept a last minute replacement for the UFC...you try to help them but they will not hesitate to fuck you in the ass to thanks you.
6/1/09 4:54 PM
Beeno
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ It works in UFC Undisputed as well. What the fuck is the bonus Dana offers you for taking the fight? And if you lose he gives you a shitty email "You better not fight like that again" ha.
6/1/09 4:57 PM
NoPlacebo

Edited: 06/01/09 4:57 PM
Seriously, in Undisputed there really isn't any reason to accept those short notice fights. It gives you less time to train and does nothing for your fighter. There should have been some bonus, I turn them all down.
6/1/09 4:57 PM
PJ Benn Fan
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIRC didnt he take the McFedries fight on short notice. Also, that fight was his second in the UFC in 35 days. Not a great way to take care of someone!
This is the thing I will never understand.

The UFC favors certain guys by feeding them guys they no have ALMOST no chance.

Diego Sanchez - first UFC fight is Brian Gassaway. This turned out to be Gassaways only UFC apperance
Roger Huerta - like the guy, but dont even get me fucking started.
Cro Cop - got Eddie Sanchez in his UFC debut.

The only time I can remember this routine backfiring on them huge was when Lauzon blasted Pulver out.

So you have Prof. X taking Kang to a decision, which IMO is okay, and then destroyed by Drew and gets cut!
6/1/09 5:23 PM
AxGo

BS move on the part of the UFC. I agree with what most guys are saying that XFP probably isn't ready to compete at the UFC-level of competition. But at the same time, he should have been given some degree of lee-way (like at least one more fight) for stepping up on short notice to fight McFedries.
6/1/09 5:25 PM
nostripewhite

The only benefit to having him in the UFC, was Joe Rogan loved his nickname.
6/1/09 5:38 PM
RKing85
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

certainly not surprizing news.
6/1/09 5:41 PM
Tomato Can

I dunno if Strikeforce will bother. There are better unsigned MWs waiting for their shot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.