UnderGround Forums

Oregon Underground >> Training in Eugene?

6/2/09 2:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
laqueus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got a friend who'll be there in a month. Doesn't particularly matter what type of school, obviously practical in the Judo, BJJ, Muay Thai type category. Newb friendly. What's around?
6/25/09 9:51 AM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

North West Martial arts. They produced some Pan Am champs and have great jiu jitsu.

For Muay Thai Big Foot Muay Thai is run by Mike Walrath who is an awesome instructor
7/5/09 3:20 AM
laqueus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks
7/11/09 1:51 PM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a problem, let me know what your friend thinks of NWMA and/or big foot gym.

If he goes to Big foot he should say that I referred him and I'm sure Mike and the family will welcome him with open arms
2/1/10 1:57 AM
irish_pride
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I trained at Big Foot for a few months before I re-injured my shoulder (rotator cuff tear). That healed and then I spent a couple months out of town at school.

Definitely going to rejoin. As a beginner, everyone was very friendly and encouraging. I even brought my 10 year old son to train for a couple months until his grades slipped.

Khun Kru Walrath is a great instructor and I can't wait to rejoin here soon.

Brad
2/28/10 1:16 PM
KUIndustries

If you see Mike tell him Nick said hi.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.