UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rich Franklin is looking for a stand up fight

6/4/09 1:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

6/4/09 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sagiv Lapkin
1958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll find one.
6/4/09 2:01 PM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bah!...Hendo won.

Go Wandy!
6/4/09 2:13 PM
qoelet

A bit passive aggressive, no? "I was thinking I better get back to my locker room before they steal my wallet too" Then he turns on the false modesty and "You won't hear me complain about that kind of thing in public"... SO, what exactly do you think you're doing right now? Think the camera's for show? The interview is public, you are complaining right now in public.

Of course then there's the eye poke. He blames going to decision on the eye poke, then says he won't use it as a excuse. Typical falsely-classy statement. Saying you're not using something as an excuse is a pretty blatant, backhanded way of saying "this is my excuse".
6/4/09 2:18 PM
hubris
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first guy who wants to stand and strike with Rich?

Did he forget about his fight with Lyoto?
6/4/09 2:41 PM
TopChute
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't he's going to stand at all.
6/4/09 2:41 PM
droplogic

He meant "first guy to stand in front of him".  If he gets in a slugfest he's gonna be eating canvas.
6/4/09 4:20 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - 
hubris - the first guy who wants to stand and strike with Rich?

Did he forget about his fight with Lyoto?

Lyoto took him down

Lyoto knocked him out standing
6/4/09 4:26 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Franklin is underrated. In his losses he did look bad but look at who he lost to. Anderson and Machida are a combined 16-0 in the UFC. In each of those fights Franklin went out to fight and wasn't interested in just surviving ala a thales leties. Anderson is the greatest MW ever in the history of the UFC while Machida is on track to becoming one of the best LHW fighters ever.

In the Henderson fight Franklin was fouled 3 times with a headbutts and an eyepoke. IMO Hendo should have had a point deducted.
6/4/09 4:47 PM
ShakaFerreira
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IrishFighter110 -  Like has done all his career. This is why Wand is a bad matchup. Rick wont knock out wand or sub him and in the 15 mins Wand will connect.

Rick definitely has his work cut out for him.
6/4/09 5:07 PM
Jeepster
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am just hoping for a good fight. I can see this going a while, with Franklin winning the standup game due to technique, but Wany always a threat
6/4/09 5:18 PM
Trick

piratepirate - 
CRE - So you count TKOs for Wanderlei but not for Franklin?

He knocked the sight out of Macdonald's eye

I didn't count TKO's for Wandy.
only KO's.

What TKO's are on the list?

I think the moron is thinking the Jardine fight was ruled a TKO, when in fact, it was a KO, Jardine was out cold.
6/4/09 5:33 PM
jmacdoug
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

exactly. the ufc has decided that instead of having real fights anymore, they will just compare the fighter ratings from the ufc game and declare the winner based on that
6/4/09 5:53 PM
akebh

I'll have to say after listening to Rich Franklin on BTLS,i've slowly become a fan.Lets face it he's a great fighter who is the second best fighter in the UFC 185 division.He did a MMA seminar in AC about 4 years ago,and after that i got to talk to him at the fights at the convention center.Cool guy who just had no answer for Anderson.I expect a real war.Either way both guys are great and the better man will win
6/4/09 10:29 PM
qoelet

CRE -Guess what, they have to hype the fight, Franklin is the heel in this fight, in almost every fight they hype there's a good and bad guy. Franklin is the scarier guy right now and Wanderlei is the bigger fan favorite looking to get back on track, Rich is set to show no mercy and will not be looked at as the same simple nice guy after he ends Wanderlei savagely on the 13th.

He's just got a fantasy scenario or gimmick for every situation, doesn't he?
6/4/09 10:47 PM
Mad Xyientist
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

henderson's last punch on the ground on Wanderlei in the gif still makes me cringe.
6/5/09 9:20 AM
NHBDaddy
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was a "FUCKIN DIE MOTHERFUCKER" moment..lol

glad Wand was ok after
6/5/09 11:02 PM
BabyZeus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich will take him down and GNP to the victory!
6/5/09 11:05 PM
nubs

Fuck I have no idea who to pull for. Love both of these warriors.
6/11/09 5:31 AM
southsidesti

hard fight to call..  if Wanderlei gets on the inside and starts throwing bombs he could ruin Franklin.. if Franklin keeps him back and uses kicks to not let Wanderlei work an offense & keeps the pressure on, he can definitely win this fight
6/11/09 7:36 AM
Diesel67
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich wants a standup fight?  Wandy will give him one - until he pounds him into oblivion.
6/11/09 9:40 AM
BabyZeus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My money is on Rich!

TTT
6/11/09 11:45 AM
Ronald McDojo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with the poster that said Rich doesn't have credible wins. Get the fuck outta' here. He has a list of good fighters he's beat. Get educated ya' nub.
6/11/09 11:49 AM
gnpsince1990
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't believe Rich.

Either: He will stick and move like Bispbing does

OR:

He will take Wand down like GSP did to Serra
6/11/09 12:15 PM
McSlugga

Always been a big fan of both fighters but I just keep seeing Rich take the W here. I really do think its a trajectory of careers type of a fight and I think Rich's star is shining brighter right now.

I also tend to agree with CRE that this fight may come down to "fight IQ" because I think its that close.

Wand has more significant wins but hes also been through hell and back to get them, I'll say it before he loses.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.