UnderGround Forums

North Dakota Underground >> Best in the State

6/8/09 10:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
brave05
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who are the best at each weight class? Guys who are from ND or train in ND?
11/19/09 5:39 PM
NativeLuvin

well i wouldn't say that I'm the 'best' at 185lbs in ND, but I place in top 3 since i dropped to MW... I used to fight in the HWT & LHW classes, then Commissioner Kurle told me I should drop to 185lbs for good... since then the only fight Ive lost in this weightclass has been against Max Fights Middleweight Champion, 7-0, Dane Sayers... & I go to as many grappling tourny's as I can when I don't hav a fight coming up, & I consistantly get gold in my weight catigory... 185 is a small weightclass in ND right now though, so I wouldn't read too much into what I've been able to accomplish in this weightclass until MORE fighters compete @ 185lbs... Right now tho, the weightclass that has the MOST talent in ND is 170lbs... Lucas St. Claire, Tat Remaro, Joe Keavny, Butch Hyjeck, Sheldon Martin, & many more good fighters occupy the 170lbs weightclass... I myself have been tossing around the idea of dropping down to that weightclass...

I hope more people from ND start talking bout things on the Underground here... It will only help as far as match-ups & growth for the sport in our state... we have lots of untapped talent just itchin to get out there & get recognized...

T.J. Medrud
11/20/09 1:44 AM
brave05

TJ. although many think they are much stronger dropping down a weight class and its an advantage to them, I think you are much better suited at 185. People often forget about SPEED. Not just in dropping weight, but often when two fighters face off, they say "fighter X will be way too big for fighter Y" yet they forget that fighter Y is often faster. I think your speed is more suited for 185. If you have the capability to drop to 170, you should instead focus on adding muscle and size that would make you a larger 185, instead of a smaller 185 that can make 170. Like you said, 170 is probably the most stacked division in the North Dakota region, and even though I know you don't shy away from anybody or any fight, i'd like to see you capture a title. Even 205 isn't that bad. It seems like the area or the fighters that ND bring in all very very tough around 170 and under(which makes the fights we fans get to see pretty good). I honstly don't even know any 205 fighters or who the MAXfighs champ is at that weight class. The only guy I can really name is Eric Pribble (haven't seen him fight in awhile, really tough and gritty) and the last DFC champ was Alan Beirresi (i don't think he fights anymore) so that weight class is pretty open too.

Pretty much a FRAT, but good luck TJ and welcome to the Underground
1/5/10 11:40 PM
progressivema

TJ,
Tat is good but he is technically from Mn. Lucas is in Jail. Joe has recently retired(?!?) Butch is my friend but probably not one of the best right now. Maybe 3-4 years ago. Sheldon is a beast but he hasn't fought MMA in a while and i don't know why..

brave,
Alan Biers is tough and had a lot of potential but he is pretty much done. Chris Tucherererer is definitely the best heavyweight in/from ND.
Personally, and biased-ly, Pablo Garza is the best 145 guy in ND.Or Tony Valdez, At 155 Marshall Martin, at 170 Tat, Dane Sayers, Kyle jensen (Mn), at 185 Leo Kuntz is good, Tj, Nick Wagner, DAne Sayers is the Max fight 185 lbs. champ. 205 I don't know anyone at 205 and up.
1/12/10 11:27 PM
brave05

Marshall Martin vs. Gideon Ray at Beatdown Feb. 13 is that i heard. Should be a good fight, but wasn't Gideon a big 170er?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.