UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> I'm looking for a new food processor. Need help.

6/9/09 2:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MisoWhoreKnee
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/09/09 2:22 AM

My $50 Black & Decker took a shit last week after 7 years of use and abuse.  I'm looking for a premium model, something like a Cuisinart or Kitchenaid.  I saw a Viking model that was $350 but it might be a bit much.  What I'm looking for is real world experiences with some of the premium models.  I would prefer it to be built well over it having a bunch of features.  Oh yeah, I will be usuing it mostly to make salsas which might not sound like much, but I make at least 2-3 salsa a month. 

6/10/09 2:16 PM
MisoWhoreKnee
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Handsomejaws - I've had my kitchenAid for around 3 years and it's been amazing, I grow a large salsa garden in the summer and make a gallon a week. Onion,cilantro,peppers,lime and garlic..pulse pulse pulse it's done. Same with tomatoes, I had a black and decker that would mush my tomatoes up, the KitcheAid with just a couple pulses leaves them with a nice hand chopped feel and look.
Do you put all the ingredients in the processor whole when you make salsas?  I coudn't do that with my old B&D pos.

6/10/09 2:19 PM
Misedukatd
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have had the same cuisinart for many years (pro custom 11 model), and it has served me very well; it is simple to use, easy to clean, and does the job nicely.

Also, I highly recommend getting a Vitamix; it's not strictly a food processor, but can be used as one, and is the best kitchen device ever. I have convinced several friends to buy them, and they all love theirs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.