UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rich Franklin Interview

6/10/09 2:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Derek Bolender: I want to start with UFC 98. Lyoto Machida dominated Rashad Evans to take home the light heavyweight belt. Did you get a chance to watch the fight? What did you think of Machida’s performance?

Rich Franklin: I didn’t watch the fight. I rarely watch fights when I am preparing for a fight myself, unless I am watching video of my opponent. I will watch that UFC after my fight.

Derek Bolender: Machida’s a guy you fought back in 2003 in Japan. What do you remember about that fight?

Rich Franklin: I remember Machida being very elusive and much better than we had anticipated. At the time I fought him he only had three fights. I knew he would eventually find himself in the kind of situation he is in today.

Derek Bolender: Would you like the opportunity for a rematch against him at some point?

Rich Franklin: I would like to make a run for the 205-pound title. If he is in my path to achieving my goal I would be interested. Otherwise, I need to stay focused on what’s important.

Derek Bolender: In your last fight at UFC 93 you lost a split decision to Dan Henderson. Before the judges scorecards were announced did you think you had done enough to win that fight?

Rich Franklin: I believe I won that fight. I dominated the stand-up war, and Henderson was unable to mount any damage while he had me down, let alone even keep me down most of the time. The only damage he did to me in that fight was an accidental eye poke and head butt.

read full interview...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.