UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> is a cat dumber than a dog?

6/13/09 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool stories jettdog
6/13/09 6:13 PM
Ant C
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogs > cats
6/13/09 6:33 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogs are pack animals and get territorial with their den. cats are for the most part solitary animals and dont give a shit as long as they have food.
6/13/09 10:14 PM
Cire
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'nuff said
6/13/09 10:20 PM
Cire
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But seriously, i have owned dogs all my life(never owned and hated cats), as well as alot of exotics. Dogs are trainable and loyal, which are great characterisics for most of the population to consider intelligence. But...after I received a cat from a friend that could not take care of it, I am convinced that cats are much more intelligent, but independant.
6/13/09 10:34 PM
amorphous
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok I get that there is a difference between obedience and intelligence..however, anyone who has owned a dog can tell you dogs have the capacity to recognize speech. They can be trained to sniff out drugs, people, etc. Dogs listen to people, I get it.

However, I am frustrated whenever I hear "Well cats are smarter they just don't care." What do cats do that show they are even remotely as smart as dogs are? I have a cat (that I adore) but all she does is hop on my lap if she wants to be pet or whine if she's hungry. Again, What do cats do that shows intelligence. Most cats I've seen or ones that I've owned are dumber than shit.

Whereas with my dog he knows specific words mean specific things. If I tell him to "go get the bird" he jumps on the couch and starts looking around for shit in the front yard. I tell him to speak and he barks at me.

Dogs are BY FAR smarter than cats.
6/15/09 7:47 PM
unscarred53042
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - 
Fraser - You teach your dog tricks. A cat, however, will teach you tricks.

Who is smarter?

awesome

retarded. you're both retarded.
6/15/09 8:10 PM
Cha0s008
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoganClark - 

Who is smarter?

What does your cat teach you?
6/22/09 10:37 AM
YumYumPandaburger
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dumberer imo
6/22/09 12:17 PM
disbeliever
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unscarred53042 - 
disbeliever - 

Who is smarter?

awesome

retarded. you're both retarded.

says you
6/22/09 12:22 PM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does your cat teach you?
6/22/09 12:31 PM
GaydarBlane

"Hansumboy - You can let your cat out and he will take a walk around the neighborhood and come back safe. The dog would wander off and get lost forever."

Not really. When I was younger before leash laws and everybody going psycho because of shitty dogs, my family would just let our dog out to do his thing and come back when he wanted. No way that'd happen now.

Anyway, dogs are smarter than cats, more trainable than cats, and all around better pets than cats.
6/22/09 12:52 PM
GaydarBlane

"You have obviously never seen any Lion documentaries where the female lions will surround a wildabeast and herd it right into a trap where the other female lions are waiting in the tall grass."

Are you seriously equating the intelligence of a wild lion with that of a domesticated cat?
6/22/09 12:55 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Babies learn very quickly that when you shine a flashlight on the floor, the light is eminating from the flashlight.  Cats never do get it.
6/22/09 1:13 PM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Zimmerman -  Babies learn very quickly that when you shine a flashlight on the floor, the light is eminating from the flashlight.  Cats never do get it.

Cats know, but they still want to catch the light!
6/22/09 1:52 PM
sadic1
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My cat drinks from the fawcett.
6/22/09 3:51 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i had a cat who used to pee in the toilet and then attempt to flush it
not names jinx
6/22/09 4:06 PM
BarkLikeADog

Edited: 06/22/09 4:06 PM
slapnutz:

1. The topic of the thread has nothing to do with lions.

2. Running down prey is not herding. Boxing in prey is not herding. Ganging up on prey is not only not herding; it is the opposite of herding.
6/22/09 8:24 PM
MmmWhiskey
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sadic1 - My cat drinks from the fawcett.

Is it the Farrah Fawcett?
10/29/11 12:35 PM
ChiChi778

If it wasn't vermin or snakes trying to get it, your cat was honey badger status.
10/29/11 12:38 PM
ChiChi778

ranier wolfcastle -  i had a cat who used to pee in the toilet and then attempt to flush it
not names jinx

teach me! My cat needs to piss in the toilet like every one else in the house.
10/29/11 1:18 PM
PR

Anyone who thinks cat "are dumb" clearly hasn't spent any significant time around cats.
10/29/11 5:01 PM
dangerboy12
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lions and tigers are cats, and they are pretty trainable.

i think it's all about brain size.
10/30/11 12:44 AM
ChiChi778

I don't think it's about brain size. Look at crows, those fuckers are smart and their brains are pretty small. I really think that cats are just incredibly selfish. Ancient Egypt did it to them. Phone Post
10/30/11 12:57 AM
ChiChi778

RyPuhnie - cats are almost as stupid as PR...almost lol
I LOL'd Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.