UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> is a cat dumber than a dog?

11/21/11 4:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you own cats its admitting that you are totally cool with having boxes of shit laying around your house.
11/21/11 6:22 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure you meant to say "you are totally cool with having boxes of shit lying around your house."
11/25/11 1:46 AM
GMB13

BackTalk - 
EddieAdams - A INDIVIDUAL CAT RELEASED INTO THE WILD TO DEFEND AND FEED FOR ITSELF WILL,..... WILL WITHOUT QUESTION, OUTLAST A INDIVIDUAL DOG PUT IN THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES. Cats cover their tracks, bury their poo, are more capable hunters and can escape potential predators more easily. Most dogs require other dogs to be efficient hunters in the wild....

I take it you didn't read the entire thread.

Cats ARE NOT MORE CAPABLE HUNTERS.

They are different, a cat will attack very quickly and with surprise as a dog will use endurance to hunt. And yes a solitary dog can survive on it's own, they just work together because it is more effective (just like lions)

The reason a cat will cover tracks bury poo etc. is another INSTINCT not INTELLIGENT thing because a domestic cat will have predators in the wild as a dog not so much.
A cat by itself is a more capable hunter than a dog by itself.  There is a reason why dogs run in packs, because they have to.

That said, it is pretty clear that dogs are smarter than cats.  Cats are just much more independant.
1/23/12 12:47 AM
The End of the World

Everyone knows cats are smarter. Even dogs acknowledge it.
7/2/12 9:01 PM
bolofan

Dogs know that being friendly and part of the pack gets them fed. That sounds like intelligence to me.
7/2/12 10:10 PM
BarkLikeADog

Soooooo, who did you used to be, bolofan?
8/29/13 2:57 PM
leifdawg
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackTalk - 
VectorWega -  Cats have better natural instincts, but that doesn't mean they have as much of a capacity to learn/reason as a dog does.

Please explain just how Cats have better "natural instincts"

no offense but that statement is completely wrong, they both live on instincts not better or worse than any other animal.

I think VectorWega meant survival instincts. Cat's are much more feral than a typical dog, because dogs have been specifically bred as companions for a longer time.
9/4/13 4:40 AM
jerrysherry

cat is also cleaver. When i get home, my cat will run out to welcome me.

-----------------------
http://www.melodyhome.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.