UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Ichigeki Dogi

6/10/09 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
khd29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/10/09 7:35 PM

Don't know what happened to my original thread but will create a new one.I was looking into 3 dogi's but need opinion on the sizing and weight of the gi. Looking at the Thin, Thick and Premium Thick (Cloth Type). Not sure what the company meant by the last one but is it a "brushed"/softer cotton feel? I am about 5'8" tall and 198 lbs. I assume I am a size 5 but I do know how to read their sizing charts.The dojo usually have the gi in stock but looks like they won't be getting any for a long time.Thanks in advance to all.
6/18/09 7:38 PM
laqueus

I'm assuming you're talking about Karategi? They seem for the most part to be canvas, so cloth type would probably be something closer to denim.
6/24/09 1:17 AM
rom

i own th unbleached isami brand kyokushin karategi. i'm 5'7" and uses a size 6. i can also fit in size 5 as long as you dont dry them often. size 6 is bigger but i like my gi dry as often as i want. i think you should fit perfect in a size 6!
8/12/09 8:05 AM
khd29

Thanks, rom! Being in between sizes is making it more complicated than it should. I am already wearing size 5 gi's but 2 different brands and different cuts. One fits perfectly, the other could get a half-size bigger. Dang..

Unfortunately, there is a problem with the security certificate of Ichigeki's website and I decided not to order from them. I heard Isami doesn't accept overseas orders anymore. Is this correct?
8/19/09 8:09 PM
rom

hello,

the dogi im using is the unbleached kyokushin dogi.. it shrinks a lot.. but i have been drying mine everytime after washing it.. i think you would fit perfect on a size 6 unbleached kyokushin dogi. the ones they sell are the ones with the kyokushin embroidered logo on the left chest area.. ulysess riyuji isobe is 5'8" and he wears a a size 6 :) he is my sempai.. i wear a size 5 and fits well but i now wear a size 6 much roomy... im sure you'll do perfectly fine with a size 6!

how about trying to contact kyokushin NYC. they have stocks fo sure... try to contact them on their website www.kyokushinkarate.com im sure it will save you from shipment abroad, that if you live in the U.S.

hope that helps
8/19/09 8:44 PM
khd29

Thanks again, rom. The size 6 is about right. The senseis in my dojo said so as well. I am a student of the NYC dojo and none in stock. Hopefully, when our shihan comes back, he has good news.

I did order from the AKKO a week ago and just waiting for the delivery. No organization logo which is great. Don't want to get caught in the politics.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.