UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Bad things about joining the Army?

6/13/09 2:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fearOfABlackPlanet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/13/09 3:06 AM
 um....you will be in the army as soon as you are done... has no one said this? 
6/13/09 7:21 AM
clean livin'
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marines for a long time.

Would recommend to most.

At least 4 years. Get benefits, learn about yourself, and you will most def fall madly in love with your personal freedom. Matter of fact, you will see life as it truly is, and see true value of the most beautiful things of life.

Meet some of the dumbest, and some of the greatest people on this planet.

And, last but not least, be introduced to the largest green wieney ever.
6/13/09 9:11 AM
ChanceDuBois

WTF is the attraction of joining the army?

You have to hang out with a load of men all day, no women around, no personal freedom, shit pay.

I guess it might appeal if you are a raging homo
6/13/09 9:25 AM
banjohaze
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ummm..going to war and getting shot at and then coming home and talked to like a f'n dog for just doing your job....you're better off being a cop.
6/13/09 9:35 AM
Kostakio
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stabmasterarson - Dont listen to other peeps BS if you want decent money, a new look on the world, and adventure, it is the way to go. How many movies do they make about accountants... go forth brother and pray for war.
People like you = the reason the world hates Americans

6/13/09 9:40 AM
Machine250
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
stabmasterarson - Dont listen to other peeps BS if you want decent money, a new look on the world, and adventure, it is the way to go. How many movies do they make about accountants... go forth brother and pray for war.
People like you = the reason the world hates Americans

Naw, the reason the world purportedly hates America is that it is full of savage Animals.

6/13/09 9:52 AM
Trichoke7
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pray for war? What a sick individual.
6/13/09 12:38 PM
Power Clean

The problem with praying for war is that civilians always get caught in the crossfire. I wish it was like the old days when we meet on the battlefield and fight it out then call it a day.
6/13/09 12:51 PM
quickfix
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kileen TX is not the ghetto DreamerMMA! The pawn shops are there to support the troops.
6/13/09 1:00 PM
atomjack

I'm surprised how difficult it is to join the army. If you take any kind of anti depressant, have any history of medical issues or drug use then they won't have anything to do with you. That cuts out a lot of people.

An old roommate tried so hard to join but when he was in college he went to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. They said that is a sign of alcoholism and wouldn't let him join even though that was years ago it happened.
6/13/09 1:00 PM
Hilnder12

Or you could be like me and enlist to get the HOOAH experience with a Combat Arms MOS (19D) and be stuck working in the S-1 shops just because you have a college degree and a pretty decent GT score.
6/13/09 1:02 PM
Hilnder12

Or you could be like me and enlist to get the HOOAH experience with a Combat Arms MOS (19D) and be stuck working in the S-1 shops just because you have a college degree and a pretty decent GT score.
6/13/09 1:08 PM
quickfix
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atomjack - I'm surprised how difficult it is to join the army. If you take any kind of anti depressant, have any history of medical issues or drug use then they won't have anything to do with you. That cuts out a lot of people.

An old roommate tried so hard to join but when he was in college he went to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. They said that is a sign of alcoholism and wouldn't let him join even though that was years ago it happened.

The Army prefers to create alcoholics withing their own ranks. Your friends prior alcoholism probably wasn't up to Army alcoholism standards.
6/13/09 1:24 PM
DreamerMMA
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Reg. Marketing Rep.
quickfix - Kileen TX is not the ghetto DreamerMMA! The pawn shops are there to support the troops.
lol

I see what you did there.

6/13/09 1:24 PM
DreamerMMA
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Reg. Marketing Rep.
quickfix - 
atomjack - I'm surprised how difficult it is to join the army. If you take any kind of anti depressant, have any history of medical issues or drug use then they won't have anything to do with you. That cuts out a lot of people.

The Army prefers to create alcoholics withing their own ranks. Your friends prior alcoholism probably wasn't up to Army alcoholism standards.
This!

6/13/09 2:12 PM
turner33u

Before I enlisted I worked at Lowes making 14k a year. Started as a PFC - four years later Im a GS12 step 4 Civilian, working for the Department of Defense. Oh and I receive VA compensation - Not too shabby.

Its what you make of it, plain and simple.
6/13/09 9:25 PM
worldfightfan

the military is a sucker business - says my combat vet dad

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.