UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Tour de France

6/12/09 7:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BaldTony
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to watch this year's final stage in Paris and it got me thinking about the old days. Can remember the first time watching, which was in 87(year after the first American winner Greg LeMond, who sounds just like Fozzie Bear). My family tried to get me to watch the early stages, but I told them to fuck off because it was boring. Can't remember why, but happened to watch the time trial up Mont Ventoux where Jean Francois Bernard won the Yellow Jersey. It was frikken fantastic. Must have watched that episode(30 minutes on Channel 4 UK), a dozen times before the following day. Have seen every stage since. Since Lance is back this year, hopefully you lot will watch it again.
6/12/09 7:30 PM
BaldTony
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best stage I ever saw in person was at Mont Ventoux a couple of years back. Was in a village at the foot of the climb and watched everyone go past. Was hoping to watch the finish on TV, but being in France they only had 1 tiny TV in the Village, in the bar. Couldn't get close, but the two leaders were Lance and Richard Virenque(France). You could tell who was in the lead, because the bar was either cheering or booing. Fantastic day. Got off my head on pastis.
6/14/09 10:57 AM
Animal Chin
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hit your 7 iron?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.