UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ariel Helwani on Cro-Cop bolting the UFC...

6/14/09 2:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fletch F Fletch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/14/09 2:47 AM

"I hope he goes on a three fight losing streak and gets the hell out of MMA" - Ariel on ESPN Radio.

He also said that Cro-Cop lied and basically punked everyone. His words, not mine.

Thoughts?
6/14/09 2:43 AM
Squared Circle
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does Ariel care so deeply where CroCop fights?
6/14/09 2:45 AM
FootInFace

Monsters Ball - 
Fletch F Fletch - "I hope he goes on a three fight losing streak and gets the hell out of MMA" - Ariel on ESPN Radio.

Thoughts?

Ariel should wait and hear Cro-Cop's side of things before saying something like that.

6/14/09 2:46 AM
Doem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squared Circle -  Why does Ariel care so deeply where CroCop fights?
6/14/09 2:48 AM
KnuckleBumps
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doem - 

Why would a journalist talk this kind of shit?
6/14/09 2:49 AM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe he also said "screw him, he's a nobody." If he's a nobody why are you so butt hurt acting like a scorn woman?
6/14/09 2:49 AM
jackangle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KnuckleBumps - 
Doem - 

Why would a journalist talk this kind of shit?

Because he's a journalist that wants to stay on Dana's good side.
6/14/09 2:50 AM
TopChute
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's taking a little too personal, maybe.
6/14/09 2:51 AM
IBProfane
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel is a great reporter, delivers very good, professional interviews. Surprised to hear him say something like that. I think Cro Cop had every right to spurn the UFC and Dana after they tried to "renegotiate" his last contract after just 2 losses. What goes around comes around...
6/14/09 2:54 AM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the link:

sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/UFC-99-live-postfight-show-at-9-p-m-ET
6/14/09 3:01 AM
DevinS
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dumb thing to say
6/14/09 3:07 AM
kying418
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didnt even know who he was until I google'd him.

It seems that he works for Versus- and WEC is shown on that channel...seems like biased journalism to me.

Either that, or he is just dumb.

Why would any journalist wish ill will on a fighter for going to another organization when all they had was a one fight deal with Dana?

As many have posted prior, UFC cuts people all the time before their contract ends, since they have a clause to do so.
6/14/09 3:13 AM
MMA Mastermind

IBProfane - Ariel is a great reporter, delivers very good, professional interviews. Surprised to hear him say something like that. I think Cro Cop had every right to spurn the UFC and Dana after they tried to "renegotiate" his last contract after just 2 losses. What goes around comes around...

+1

also surprised to hear about Ariel talking like this. i have been enjoying his recent interviews....
6/14/09 3:13 AM
ZeroTime

No one cares what Ariel has to say.
6/14/09 3:19 AM
goku

guess hes trying to get in with zuffa...sad...
6/14/09 3:22 AM
frontrowbrian

did anyone even want to see Cro Cop in the UFC? I'm surprised Dana even acted like he cared Mirko lied to him. Mirko is over the hill, a non draw in North America and apparently a liar. I wouldn't want to do business with someone like that
6/14/09 3:25 AM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow so many idiots on this thread.
6/14/09 3:57 AM
daba

Ariel usually is professional and does a good job, but if he did say that it's amateur hour for him. Maybe Dana slipped him a Benjamin.
6/14/09 4:01 AM
jbapk

frontrowbrian -  did anyone even want to see Cro Cop in the UFC? I'm surprised Dana even acted like he cared Mirko lied to him. Mirko is over the hill, a non draw in North America and apparently a liar. I wouldn't want to do business with someone like that

I'm pretty sure if he came through the drive through you would take his order.
6/14/09 4:15 AM
The Destroyer88

Ariel also goes on to say that Cro Cop is a nobody.

.....damn. Is Ariel butt hurt or what? Did Mirko refuse to do a interview with him?

Ariel always puts on quality interviews, the guy is all over the place getting the best coverage. I'd expect more professionalism from him. It's like Ariel has become Dana Jr. over night.
6/14/09 4:17 AM
daba

It's very disappointing when journalists attempt to become the story and that's what he's effectively done. Not professional at all.
6/14/09 4:25 AM
frontrowbrian

Edited: 06/14/09 4:25 AM
daba - It's very disappointing when journalists attempt to become the story and that's what he's effectively done. Not professional at all.
Ariel wasn't reporting. He was offering commentary and offering an honest opinion on a subject. If he was simply reporting the results and started editorializing, you'd have a point but the whole point on his appearance on the show was to state HIS opinions. 
6/14/09 4:27 AM
stevia cures cancer

Crocop is a politician, LMAO at anyone believing any of the shit he says.
6/14/09 4:31 AM
Crocop'sLeftLeg

stevia cures cancer - Crocop is a politician, LMAO at anyone believing any of the shit he says.

lol you're right about him being a politician, but he's still a lot more credible than dana white.
6/14/09 5:30 AM
jujubre
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who the fuck is Ariel Helwani? is she hot?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.