UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rory Markham out of TUF 9 finale vs TJ Grant

6/15/09 11:26 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Miletich Martial Arts fighter Rory Markham is out of his scheduled bout against Canadian fighter T.J. Grant due to injury. The two had planned to fight on The Ultimate Fighter Team U.S.A. vs. Team U.K. Finale at The Palms in Las Vegas on Saturday night.

"I had to cancel the fight due to a quad injury," Markham told MMAWeekly.com on Monday. He indicated that the injury was sustained during training, but is hopeful that he'll be able to return to the Octagon sometime around August or so.

read full article...

6/15/09 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mad Xyientist
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, that was the fight I was most looking forward to.
6/15/09 11:32 PM
Fugazi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There seems to be an unusually high number of injuries to fighters scheduled for upcoming fights this year.
6/16/09 1:13 AM
AxGo

walr?s - If Chris Wilson has his medical paperwork thing cleared up, then Joe Silva needs to get him on speed dial.

o jeebus that would be a sweet fight
6/16/09 5:07 AM
CindyO

Wow... that's too bad. I love Rory's fights. Very unfortunate to have been injured after putting so much time and effort into the training.

Cindy
6/16/09 6:11 AM
fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fugazi - There seems to be an unusually high number of injuries to fighters scheduled for upcoming fights this year.

I think that's largely due to the fact there are so many more events nowadays. 
6/16/09 7:35 AM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Second straight opponent to pull out against TJ. That's shit luck if I ever saw it. This guy is willing to fight anyone and deserves a break.
6/16/09 8:33 AM
Dedicated1

do you think that fighters today are over-training? i mean, come on, they train hard full time, like they are in the NFL or something, yet they make crap for money. put that energy into something more useful.

how much do you think don frye trains?
6/16/09 8:35 AM
BeanTownMMA
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quad injuries suck. Hope this fight can happen in the future!

TTT for speedy recovery Rory!
6/16/09 8:56 AM
TBidness
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:-(

Rory wanted this fight bad, it's unfortunate that he is injured and can't compete on the 20th.

He will be back soon enough.

TBidness

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.