UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Aunkai?

6/17/09 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Gimp
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ever heard of this? It's some sort of systematized way to teach "internal power" body mechanics using principles of posture and body alignment.

For example, take a lot at this webpage explaining the basic ideas:

http://www.aunkai.net/eng/bujyutu/kiban.html

Whatcha think?
6/17/09 6:27 PM
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never heard of it.

I don't really have any opinion on it. It's not something I feel I need to do or want to do, but I wouldn't discourage someone else from trying it.
6/22/09 5:00 AM
TEOMOFE
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm suprised you didn't link to one of the youtube clips, Gimp. I think this one is interesting, esp: circa 0.35 onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAJVQMCWeOA&NR=1
6/26/09 9:05 AM
The Gimp
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks TEOMOFE.

Bolo, I thought you might be interested because Aunkai is about the martial application of proper posture and body alignment.
6/26/09 7:11 PM
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every martial art applies principles of posture and body alignment, but I feel that only a few instructors using those principles in their teaching.
12/3/13 11:58 AM
Zero1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Akuzawa is the real deal. I just have trained with him and he has some very unique body skills, that you do not find in BJJ......

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.