UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Shredded Beef Tacos

6/17/09 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking about making some sort of shredded beef taco... anyone have good recipes/technique to share?

Also, has anyone used their smoker to prepare the beef?
6/18/09 9:49 AM
crescentwrench
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shredded beef means crock pot for me.  I just get a chuck roast and trim and cut it into about 2 inch cubes.  Then sear them really good in some hot oil and toss them in the crock pot with boxed chicken or beef stock, onion and garlic, dried and fresh chiles, cumin (lots of cumin) and anything else I happen to have on hand.  

Then I go do whatever I need to do for the rest of the afternoon.  Afterwards I fish out the beef and shred it.  Then I get even more hot oil and throw in the shredded beef just to give it some crisp edges.  Meanwhile I reduce some of the cooking liquid and when everything is done I toss it all together.  

I don't know how authentic that is, nor do I care.  I like it and get compliments on it and there are never leftovers so that's good enough for me.  

Alternatively I saw on TV where they pretty much did the same thing I described but at the end added prepared enchilada sauce to the shredded meat.  
6/18/09 1:06 PM
Pito Chueco
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crescents recipe sounds more like Carne Guisada, without the potato. Very good stuff
6/18/09 2:07 PM
crescentwrench
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all the same to us gringos :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.