UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Henry Rifles -

6/17/09 8:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Double Deuce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to get my first rifle. These are built in the USA and seem pretty affordable.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h002_survival.cfm

Anyone fire one of these or know anything about them?
6/22/09 10:01 AM
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey DD Joe maffei here. I have one and here is a review I did on it.
www.youtube.com/watch

8/6/09 12:04 PM
PatK
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, like everything else, I wish they made a left handed version
8/16/09 1:01 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless you need a survival rifle, buy a Ruger 10/22 instead..
8/22/09 3:04 AM
gregbrady
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Double Deuce - I want to get my first rifle. These are built in the USA and seem pretty affordable.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h002_survival.cfm

Anyone fire one of these or know anything about them?

Yes my buddy bought a lever-action .22. They're great little guns and there's no reason not to buy one imo. We were hitting clays at about 150 yards from standing with it. Fun, reliable little gun.
2/25/10 4:24 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hillbilly - Unless you need a survival rifle, buy a Ruger 10/22 instead..

I had a 10/22 years ago. Damn thing jammed more often than not. I'm partial to Ruger, but that gun was a piece.
2/25/10 5:20 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually didn't realize that the Henry survival gun is basically the old Charter Arms AR-7. This is a very neat gun...I have a 1985 model (my dad paid less than $100 brand new) behind the seat of my pickup truck. Great survival gun; extremely cool concept. Reliable with an aftermarket clip; mine only fires reliably using CCI high-velocity with the factory mag.

Maybe Henry has improved upon this design. You can't beat it for the money.
6/9/10 5:47 PM
SirPrize
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Henry has improved upon this design.

I went to a gun show last month, and I talked to one of the Henry reps. Unfortunately, they did not have any AR7s for sale, but he DID say that they were coming out with a new design/improvement, soon. One improvement I remember is that it is supposed to be able to support hotter loads.

It looks like it may be out now:

www.henryrepeating.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.