UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> My wine is trying to corrupt me...

6/18/09 9:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Red Devil Shop, Official Fedor Gear

I opened a really nice bottle of Cahors (Prieuré de Cenac 2005 if anyone's interested) the other day, drank a couple of glasses with dinner then stuck a cork in it. Since then the world has been plotting against me—working till 3am, sleeping 3 hours then up to bring the kids to school, fasting for 12 hours before a blood test (no food and no alcohol) etc.

So this morning I'm having breakfast and the bottle started speaking to me "Drink me" it told me, "A little glass at breakfast is no harm."

I resisted, but it had some good arguments, "I'm gonna go off soon, I'll be undrinkable" the bottle continued, pleading with me to let it fulfil its destiny, "What a shame it would be to throw me away."

In the end, good sense got the better of me. I ate my breakfast, brought the kids to school and creche and off I went to work.

But I can still hear it. It's 20 odd miles away and pleading with me to save it from the dishonor of going to vinegar in its bottle. I think maybe I'll make a gravy, or a bolognese sauce tomorrow, at least then it won't be completely wasted... something I'd like to be right now.

DROC

PS: My name's DROC, and I think I might be an alcoholic :-D
6/18/09 12:17 PM
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to the darkside my friend. I hear the voices also, but you'll get no sympathy from me living in one of my favorite wine regions:)

And that bottle should be fine if you're able to finish it reasonably soon.
6/18/09 12:44 PM
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Red Devil Shop, Official Fedor Gear
I'm off work tomorrow (see above about working till 3am) I shall be at home alone for a significant portion of the day, I will cook myself something gorgeous (maybe duck, Cahors is great with duck) and finish the bottle. Then maybe I'll have a nice little sleep.

DROC

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.