UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Wife's purse got stolen today, what now?

6/20/09 8:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Team Cup
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We were at the mall this morning and decided to stop and take some photos in the booth at the arcade there..

My wife forgot her bag in the booth..... We went back about 20 mins later when we realized and it was gone.

Thankfully there was ZERO cash in there but she did have her phone, ipod and palm pilot...

I've cancelled her Credit Cards and put a block on the phone... What else can I do.

My big concern is that they have our address and her keys but I figure it's pretty unlikely that a mall purse theif is going to jump to burglury next...
6/20/09 8:23 PM
jarva
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you check with mall security or the people that work at the arcade?  Call the phone.
6/20/09 8:24 PM
jarva
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh, and change your locks.
6/20/09 8:25 PM
LakerGirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be on video.
6/20/09 8:25 PM
DiscoNfrno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow that sucks.  I have no advice, But I'm sorry it happened.

6/20/09 8:33 PM
Team Cup
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/09 8:33 PM
jarva - Did you check with mall security or the people that work at the arcade?  Call the phone.
Yea, I checked with them and we called the police and filed a report just in case.

Do you guys really think we need to change our locks? I've got an alarm, dogs and lots of guns. I just hate to go through the expense of changing locks, it's so annoying...

What about the car keys? Do you think I need to change those too?

Thanks for the kind words and support fellas! 
6/20/09 8:35 PM
Team Cup

what - You let apple know the ipod was stolen, if it needs to be serviced by the thief you may get it back. That is if you registered it of course.

People are bastards but benefit of the doubt maybe someone good found it and gets it all back to your lady.

Good luck with this dude

No way she registered it, but that would have been a great suggestion if she had.

Hopefully the thief will just toss it after finding no cash and she'll get her stuff back.
6/20/09 8:37 PM
Team Cup

You're right.. It would not have been stolen if she hadn't left it..
6/20/09 8:38 PM
jarva

Do you have the serial numbers of the ipod/phone/palm?  Check craigslist/ebay for the next few weeks.
6/20/09 8:38 PM
Team Cup

great idea
6/20/09 8:42 PM
pfsjkd
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If her driver's license was in there, notify the DMV.  Call up a credit bureau (doesn't matter which one. They'll share the report with the others) and put a fraud alert on her name.

• Equifax — 1-800-525-6285
  • Trans Union — 1-800-680-7289
  • Experian — 1-888-397-3742 
     Also, go to this site and have a look at the info:
  • 6/20/09 8:44 PM
    Team Cup

pfsjkd - If her driver's license was in there, notify the DMV.  Call up a credit bureau (doesn't matter which one. They'll share the report with the others) and put a fraud alert on her name.

• Equifax — 1-800-525-6285
  • Trans Union — 1-800-680-7289
  • Experian — 1-888-397-3742 
     Also, go to this site and have a look at the info:

•  Wow... Really?

Crap.. I guess I gotta change the locks..  What about my cars?
    6/20/09 8:48 PM
    tenchu
    12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/09 8:48 PM
    Team Cup,Yes really. If she had any ID or documents with personal info (DoB, SSN, etc) thieves can use it to open new credit accounts or obtain services under her name.Welcome to Identity Theft.

Get those fraud alerts placed.
    6/20/09 8:49 PM
    LakerGirl
    Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like entrapment.
    6/20/09 8:51 PM
    Team Cup

CRE - I'm hoping they were just after cash..

The purse was taken around 11am from an arcade... I'm hoping just some dumb kids and they tossed it afterwards.. I figured since there was no cash they probably wouldn't come check out our house.. Maybe if I had serious cash in there, but hopefully we seemed broke
    6/20/09 8:51 PM
    Jump Kick
    74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Cup -

Do you guys really think we need to change our locks? I've got an alarm, dogs and lots of guns. I just hate to go through the expense of changing locks, it's so annoying...

Sorry to hear this story.  It should be on tape, try to force the issue somehow.

Also, absolutely change your locks, because if you told me "a guy is coming to my home with my key to rob me, but it's ok b/c I have dogs and guns" I would think you are crazy to deal with that situation regardless.

-jk
    6/20/09 8:53 PM
    Team Cup

tenchu - Team Cup,Yes really. If she had any ID or documents with personal info (DoB, SSN, etc) thieves can use it to open new credit accounts or obtain services under her name.Welcome to Identity Theft.

Get those fraud alerts placed.

crap... She's calling now.

Any danger with health Insurance cards? Do I need to call them
    Team Cup

LakerGirl - Sounds like entrapment.

How so?
    ranier wolfcastle
    989 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lost and found
    6/20/09 8:54 PM
    Team Cup

Jump Kick - 
    Team Cup -

Sorry to hear this story.  It should be on tape, try to force the issue somehow.

Also, absolutely change your locks, because if you told me "a guy is coming to my home with my key to rob me, but it's ok b/c I have dogs and guns" I would think you are crazy to deal with that situation regardless.

-jk

You're right.. I won't be lazy. One lock I can do myself, I'll call the Locksmith on Monday.
    6/20/09 8:54 PM
    Team Cup

ranier wolfcastle -  lost and found

tried that, no luck
    6/20/09 9:57 PM
    jarva

Team Cup - 
    jarva - Did you check with mall security or the people that work at the arcade?  Call the phone.
    Yea, I checked with them and we called the police and filed a report just in case.
    Mall security doesn't have it on video?
    6/21/09 12:17 AM
    Vulva Fabulous
    781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Sits patiently waiting for the inevitable "Found bimbos purse at the mall today" spin thread

6/21/09 12:34 AM
    pfsjkd
    66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/09 12:34 AM
    CRE - I'm hoping they were just after cash..

That's a RISKY assumption. Even if it was kids after cash and they tossed it, the next person to find it may go for identity theft.

I think you can get your cars rekeyed too, but have no idea about the cost.  Might be good to invest in something like a steering wheel lock or brake pedal lock.  No, these are not gonna stop a determined car thief, but they may stop someone who thinks they're just gonna waltz right up and boost your car because they have your keys and know where you live. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.