UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> How Do People Get Addicted to Vicodin?

6/22/09 6:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crazy Zimmerman
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been on Vicodin extra strenght for a few days and I guess I have a "euphoric" feeling, but it's pretty mild.  But there's also 750mg of Tylenol in each pill and they say that anything over 4gs is really bad for your liver.

So how can someone be addicted to Vicodins and take enough to get high without killing their liver?

Is there some trick I'm missing?
6/22/09 6:18 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had hydrocodone liquid once, but to be honest, the head I get from it doesn't do it for me. 
6/22/09 6:20 PM
MAG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess the same type of people who get addicted to Blistex... never understood that either.
6/22/09 6:22 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

Musashi - What are you wanting from it? Is this just for pain? What kind of pain?

I had hernia surgery and it was really painful.  It helped with the pain, but I was kind of curious about the euphoric effects, since a lot of people get hooked on Vicodin very quickly, according to the Net.

But with all that tylenol, it seems that the danger comes from liver damage more than opiate abuse.
6/22/09 6:22 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

MAG - I guess the same type of people who get addicted to Blistex... never understood that either.

lol, I know someone who uses chapstick in the summer.  WTF?
6/22/09 6:24 PM
queef latina
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oxycotin is way better... i dont think people are thinking of their liver when taking i have known people to take 5.
6/22/09 6:24 PM
lordbreakdown
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mommy.. what are those?

"their mommys candy, honey"
6/22/09 6:26 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

some people get a fake energy from Vic/Norcs/Percs ect and i'm one of them, I'd rather drop pills then drink, no calories or hang over.

i drop pills everyday, liver is fine. Taking a few day isnt going to do liver damage, people drink 6 pack beer a day is doing more harm then dropping a few pills
6/22/09 6:27 PM
MAG

HuntingtonPUNK - some people get a fake energy from Vic/Norcs/Percs ect and i'm one of them, I'd rather drop pills then drink, no calories or hang over.

i drop pills everyday, liver is fine. Taking a few day isnt going to do liver damage, people drink 6 pack beer a day is doing more harm then dropping a few pills

So... you drop pills everyday and your biggest worry in life is calories?
6/22/09 6:31 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

Edited: 06/22/09 6:31 PM
i didnt say that, the amount of pills I take doesnt concern me, I've never increased my dose. My back is fk'd up, I take a few pills and I dont spend every second of everyday thinking about my back

its a plus their isnt any colories, I used to hammer Pale Ale's ever night to kill back pain and the calories started to show.

pills are a better choice
6/22/09 6:54 PM
Rappy Gilmore

I had a couple of surgeries and couldn't take Vic's....they made me sick.
6/22/09 7:06 PM
Rali
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/09 7:07 PM
They affect people differently. I use them sometimes for really bad pain that keeps me awake. I take Tramadol when I get bad headaches and it work smuch better for me than Vicodin. I 've had friends tell me that the Tramadol does nothing for them.
6/22/09 7:12 PM
BigJohn71

I had a friend who was hooked on them, he was taking around 20 pills a day, and it finally killed him, he didn't overdose, just died.
6/22/09 7:16 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

BigJohn71 - I had a friend who was hooked on them, he was taking around 20 pills a day, and it finally killed him, he didn't overdose, just died.

Liver failure probably.
6/22/09 7:20 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

Jweinberg -  vicodins make me sick.. percocets make me happy

I got a little nauseus on Vicodin the other day.
6/22/09 7:20 PM
Mohammed

I sold my dilaudids that I got from my surgery to some pill heads... I just don't understand it... Weed and Alcohol are good enough for me.
6/22/09 7:29 PM
john76
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a chick my friend broke up with was paying $50 for one oxycontin... freaking nuts man

He broke up with her because she refused to go to rehab or even acknowledge she had a problem... bitch always had a sleepy face like a dope fiend
6/22/09 8:01 PM
Wiggy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAG - I guess the same type of people who get addicted to Blistex... never understood that either.

Addicted to Blistex? Seriously?
6/22/09 8:47 PM
Bry Bry

i love opiods....opiod addiction wont kill you, itll just make your life into a living hell UNLESS you have alot of money and/or a very consistent/cheap supply...when i first experienced opiods, it was like fireworks going off inside my head...made me very social, content like i had never felt before, more energetic/motivated, just a really good feeling...i threw all other drugs(alcohol, ghb) away when i discovered opiods as i didnt need anything else...
6/22/09 8:57 PM
TooRude
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to get pills without/very low doses of nonnarcotic medicine. When you go into a doctors office say your allergic to tylenol, and more often than not theyll give you oxycontins. If you moisten the outside and scrape the time release coating off, crush it into a powder and snort it, 10 mg will give you a really nice high...
6/22/09 9:02 PM
RobbieH

Edited: 06/22/09 9:13 PM
Bry Bry - i love opiods....opiod addiction wont kill you, itll just make your life into a living hell UNLESS you have alot of money and/or a very consistent/cheap supply...when i first experienced opiods, it was like fireworks going off inside my head...made me very social, content like i had never felt before, more energetic/motivated, just a really good feeling...i threw all other drugs(alcohol, ghb) away when i discovered opiods as i didnt need anything else...
Yep.

I take pain killers every day, have done so since my head on collission with a Semi in 2004 and over 13 surgeries most recent one being 6 months ago. I have a steel rod and multiple pins in my leg...lots of pain, I can barely walk without them. I've taken Norco 10/325(stronger trhan Vicodins..but still Hydrocodone, just less Tylenol), Percocets, and Oxycontin's since my accident.

I can see how they can be VERY addicting. The euphroic feeling at higher dosages make you wanna talk to everyone and have a good time..it's an energetic and VERY Motivated feeling. A lot of Professionals types use Opiates, especially Salesmen and Managers I've known from the car business..I never understood what was so special about them until my accident and feeling the effects of higher dosages. I can see how people get hooked on them..hell I'm probably hooked by now...but without them I can't live a normal life...I still have a gap in the bone in my leg! lol

I don't see how some of the real addicted people without pain or scripts can afford them, I've known guys that took 200mgs + of Oxy's a day, and a 40mg Oxy on the street costs between $25-$40!!! Hydro's cost $5-$8 for one 10mg pill...and someone addicted to Hydro's will probably take at least 5-6 a day..as the effects start wearing off after only a few hours. Oxycontin lasts around 8 hours... After taking them for so long, I can take 40mgs of Vicodin and I'll just barely feel it..that's why the docs switched me to Oxy's..longer lasting and more powerful.

The feeling of a Narcotic opiate pain killer is like this: At first when it starts kicking in you get this warm type comforted feeling..nerves settle, and you get more relaxed, aches and pains dull down...then the euphoria sets in..you get VERY Motivated and you feel as if you are ready to take on the world and get very Talkative. The most boring subject you can talk about for hours, you also experience high level of alertness.

The down sides is I've met people who felt they coudln't do their normal routine WITHOUT the drugs, especially their jobs(high pressure) and dealing with customers..this is when you know you are addicted. Feeling as you can't function without them. It's best to try and take a few days to a week off from them if you take them for a long period of time..it'll keep you from getting too dependant of them, and also keep your tolerance lower..

6/22/09 9:32 PM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Geez, I dunno.  Maybe opiates have a different affect on me or maybe I haven't found that balance, but I've had (perscribed) painkillers in the past and I never much cared for them. 

When I had hernia surgery, I was taking a couple a day and I didn't really feel much different at all.  The first day I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I took like 6 within about 8 hours and I was basically slipping in and out of consciousness the whole time.
6/22/09 9:36 PM
RobbieH

alpo - Geez, I dunno.  Maybe opiates have a different affect on me or maybe I haven't found that balance, but I've had (perscribed) painkillers in the past and I never much cared for them. 

When I had hernia surgery, I was taking a couple a day and I didn't really feel much different at all.  The first day I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I took like 6 within about 8 hours and I was basically slipping in and out of consciousness the whole time.

My ex gf was like that, they would knock her out..even just one! Everyone reacts differently..But for most(people I know anyways) they give a energy burst as well as they euphoric feeling. I don't really feel much from the Hydrocodone unless it's over 40mgs..I've always had a high tolerance for them, even when I first took them.
6/22/09 9:50 PM
Bry Bry

alpo-thats the strange thing about drugs in general...i eventually acquired a terrible heroin habit and went broke....i loved opiates, basically lived just for them and that was it..thats how they made me feel...i have 2-3 immediate family members that have been scribed vicoden or other pain meds in the past and they HATED the way it made them feel..didnt make them talkative or happy but said it made them irritable, tired and just crappy feeling..why they experienced those feelings as compared to the great feelings i experienced i dunno...

yep, opiates=contentment to me..problem is, when you get off of them, if you are lucky your brain will rewire itself to the point to where you can enjoy life again...with me, i have 3-4 years clean and i still feel it to be very difficult to just enjoy everyday life...paying the piper i guess is what they call it..
6/22/09 10:26 PM
tjmitch
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found a endocet and a few beers to be quite enjoyable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.