UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> How Do People Get Addicted to Vicodin?

6/22/09 11:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
atomjack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vicodin's effects are random to me. One day I'll feel great, the next time it makes me throw up, the next time it makes me tired, and then sometimes I get a lot of energy from it and another time I'll get itchy. I just took some tonight and I feel good. Very calm and relaxed. I wish it was like this all the time.
6/22/09 11:27 PM
RobbieH

Edited: 06/22/09 11:35 PM
edited..lol how the hell did that post here! lmao
6/22/09 11:33 PM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to be a genius diagnostician with a bum leg to know that.
6/22/09 11:36 PM
YoungGunABKJ
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

havent had one in a few days, and my fuckn knee is killing me.
6/23/09 12:04 AM
FINArock
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cold water filter them to get only the hydrocodone. Then your liver is fine. Fuck vics when there are oxy's though
9/24/09 10:06 AM
RLL
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/24/09 10:07 AM
I had neck surgery last year because a ruptured disc. I was given muscle relaxers and vicodin for the pain with several refills.

At my worst I was taking about 5-6 vics a day and 3-4 muscle relaxers. This was over a few month period. At the end of that time, when my doctor was saying I should be coming off them, I would cut down to 3 a day but when I went to 1 or 2 I would get very shakey and feel sick.

Just popping on of those little pills made it feel all better. I realized that was a problem so I tried a full 24 hrs without one. I was FUCKING miserable. I couldn't sleep, my legs jittered while trying to lay still. My whole body ached and was sore. I took one to get to sleep and was hooked again. So next time I tried to ween myself off again because that episode was so hard... weening never worked.

One day shortly after that, I told myself that I no longer needed the pain meds for my pain... I needed them not to feel bad from withdraw. So I gave my wife the bottles of pills and had her hide them. It took about 48 hrs of feeling like shit and almost 2 days of no sleeping but I started feeling better pretty quickly after that.

To this day I am wary of prescription pain pills. I can see how someone can get hooked on these things... all you think about is feeling "okay" and the shakes from when you stop are very scary. Personally, for me, it was just mind over matter and a intense desire to stop taking them.

EDIT: yes I had all the problems of itching and constapation when I took too many- never got sick though.
4/27/10 9:46 PM
whtblt4eva
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have somewhat of a mental addiction to vicodin. i usually take at least two 5-500mg Vics per day. I have a ton of them that I never used from when I had back surgery, and the funny thing is I never took them back then when I needed them. Now I'm physically fine, but pop one everytime I'm stressed out (yes, I work in high pressure sales). I've somehow convinced myself that they help with stress.
5/19/10 1:12 PM
dhughes
351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you've been on pain meds for a while and you aren't sure if you are addicted to them, take 3 off and see how you feel.

You'll know within the first 48-72 hours when the whole world feels like it is ending and you are spraying shit out ur ass.

;)
4/8/11 8:29 PM
Brainscan

Rappy Gilmore -  I had a couple of surgeries and couldn't take Vic's....they made me sick.

they make me sick too.....always nauseous and irritable

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.