UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> caught a brown recluse

6/22/09 10:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OsotoGary
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Page - I dont mean to be direspectful, but WTF is your wife doing on the grill?

hhahahahahahhaha
6/22/09 10:11 PM
Wontsubmit
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is the best pic I could get. Ive googled em and there are several different types and I found some that look exact. What do you think?
6/22/09 10:12 PM
von niten
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what - 
von niten -  Those are not toys.  I got lucky when one bit me on my stomach two summers ago.  It took about a month to heal.  My friends wife lost about a dollar bill size chunk of flesh on her leg at the same time.

I keep looking at this thread and pics just shuttering at the thought of ever being in the same neighborhood of those ravenous hairy fucking things. What states do I have to never visit in my life now???
Missouri.

6/22/09 10:22 PM
Jack Page
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wontsubmit -  

this is the best pic I could get. Ive googled em and there are several different types and I found some that look exact. What do you think?

holy fack! I think it was coming to raid your barbeque and steal your wife. thank God i live in northern BC. All we gets is Grizzlies and Cougars. If my sister was within 20 feet of tha thing she would be crying her ass off.
6/22/09 10:26 PM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KILL that sumbitch.

I HATE spiders. I hope i NEVER run into a brown recluse.
6/22/09 10:26 PM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and why was your wife grilling? lol
6/22/09 10:29 PM
sol manila
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lolz
6/22/09 10:34 PM
darren23372
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Around here they're commonly called "fiddle back spider"

I know a guy who was bitten by one...it fucked his leg up bad. He was bitten in his sleep and the flesh on the shin area of his leg, from ankle to knee was necrotic when he woke up. He now has a huge fucked up looking scar, and the skin there is all messed up....if he just bumps into something it breaks the skin.

definitely not a spider to fuck around with.
6/22/09 10:42 PM
Wontsubmit
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just for the record what kind of MAN!!!! cooks for his wife? I dont even take out the garbage. Im busy, busy busy. If im not drinking a fresh 30 pack of bush light on the otherground im sleeping. Where do you guys find the time to grill?
6/22/09 10:58 PM
Rappy Gilmore

I've caught one in my house....

St. Louis Mo....
6/22/09 11:02 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/09 11:03 PM
Looks like it could be a Wolf spider...also can mess you up tho. We've recently caught a couple that had about 4 inch leg-spans.
6/22/09 11:04 PM
skibby

Spiders kill bugs you don't want around the house. I never kill them. Even if they're in the house I put them outside.

I'd kill a brown recluse if I knew what it was though. Fuck that shit.
6/22/09 11:43 PM
DebNel

Why is his wife grilling?

That is what I have been wondering since I got him another grill for his B Day on 04-01-08

I think it has something to do with his DOB

and I also had to take time out to take the pic of the spider for him.. while grilling on the gas grill and the charcoal grill while running back and forth making the side dishes inside.

wontsubmit.. the answer is a REAL MAN!! LMAO

BTW you are on the couch again tonight!
6/22/09 11:50 PM
splinter
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skibby - Spiders kill bugs you don't want around the house. I never kill them. Even if they're in the house I put them outside.

I'd kill a brown recluse if I knew what it was though. Fuck that shit.

Yah, you love spiders, DON'T YOU? Asshole!
6/23/09 12:02 AM
RegulahEverydayNormalGuy

SociallyPublish - 
Gullivers Travels - Looks like it could be a Wolf spider...also can mess you up tho. We've recently caught a couple that had about 4 inch leg-spans.

Wolf spiders are harmless to human beings.

And WontSubmit that is not a brown recluse.

A spider called "Daddy Long Legs" has the most venomous poison out of all the spiders in USA, too bad it doesn't have enough strength or fang length to even pierce the slightest bit of skin on you.

proven false
6/23/09 12:03 AM
jettdogg

Thats a wolf spider my fren

[IMG]http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/JD123q/Wolf_Spider_8_eyes_PB032198.jpg[/IMG]
6/23/09 12:04 AM
jettdogg

Let the Wolf go, they eat mosquitoes
6/23/09 12:12 AM
RegulahEverydayNormalGuy

^^stepping on that thing would be glorious
6/23/09 6:08 AM
bigwignj
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at you guys with the why is your wife grilling questions. What do you have a wife for then if she is not cooking, cleaning, or getting boned. Seriously, unless i have friends over that i want to look manly for, its get on the grill and make me some food women.
6/23/09 9:47 AM
SecondBase
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They make Raid for just such an occassion.
6/23/09 10:41 AM
Dirt

where in ND, wontsubmit? I've lived here all my life, childhood on a farm, and have never seen one.
6/25/09 1:25 PM
MWNightmare
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couple of years ago I came to work and noticed a small bump on my right index finger just past the knuckle on the hand. Within a couple of hours it was itchy and half of my finger was red and starting to swell.

By about 7 PM that evening the whole back of my hand was red and swollen so big that I couldn't close it at all. Being a man (too stupid to leave immediately for the Dr.), I figured I'd relieve some of the swelling. I soaked a new exacto knife blade in alcohol and went to work. I poked a small hole in the finger near the original spot and puss immediately poured out.

Then it got gross. The puss was coming out pretty slowly so I made the hole bigger, and poked another on my knuckle. Then, over the sink of course, I gave it the ol' toothpaste-tube treatment. I swear on my life I squeezed enough nasty white and yellow puss out to fill a 20-ounce pop bottle. It was nasty as hell and kind of creepy watching the way my hand "deflated" as it drained.

The next morning when I got off work (I work 24 hr shifts) I went to a doctor who confirmed it. I was given two different pill prescriptions and a shot in the ass (not that kind of shot you romos). The scary thing was that the doctor was suprised that it looked "as good as it does". He probably would have shit if he had seen it the night before. All around I got really lucky to have had it taken care of before serious problems resulted, though the part of my finger that was bitten still spontaneously turns red, especially in the cold.

Conveniently the girl I spent the night with the night before found a smashed recluse in her bed where I had slept the night before...
6/25/09 1:28 PM
RozCon

What you have there is just an orb weaver, my fren.

6/25/09 1:29 PM
RozCon

6/25/09 2:35 PM
None So Blind
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OsotoGary - put it on your penis

I had a patient about a year ago who was bitten on the left testicle by one.

And no, I did not look at it to see what was left. I almost puked just reading about it in his chart - seeing the actual results would have made something break inside my brain...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.