UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Watermelon Salsa

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/24/09 11:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
meow mix
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was honestly horrified the first time I'd ever heard of this.  My friend found the recipe on allrecipes.com and said it got rave reviews and since we both have a plethera of watermelon, seemed like something good to try.  It's really good!!!!  So, I thought I'd share.

2c seeded and coarsely chopped watermelon
2tbsp chopped onion
3tbsp seeded, chopped Anaheim chile
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4tsp garlic salt

in a serving bowl, mix together the watermelon, onion, and chile.  Season with balsamic vinegar and garlic salt.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to blend flavors.  Serve with tortilla chips.  Enjoy!
6/27/09 2:34 AM
MisoWhoreKnee
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a pineappple salsa that was basically the same recipe if you swapped the watermelon out and it was great too.  I've had mango salsa a few times but I never really thought it was all that great.
6/27/09 12:14 PM
meow mix
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mango salsa is good on some stuff.  This is just really good, light and refreshing!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.