UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC releases Mike Ciesnolevicz

6/26/09 12:16 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

The current downsizing of the UFC’s packed roster continued recently, as MMAWeekly.com has learned the promotion has released Mike Ciesnolevicz, who joins fellow light heavyweight Tim Boetsch on the outside of the Octagon looking in.

Boetsch made waves when he stepped in as a late replacement for Tomasz Drwal at UFC 81 and defeated David Heath in impressive fashion, but went 2-2 for the promotion, with his most recent appearance being a unanimous decision loss to Jason Brilz at UFC 96 in March. He was released shortly thereafter.

Ciesnolevicz also stepped in with late notice for his UFC debut, moving up a weight class against Neil Grove in a heavyweight bout this past February at UFC 95, defeating the massive Grove via heel hook in the first round.

read full article...

6/26/09 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mad Xyientist
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/09 12:19 AM
"Thanks for your lifetime likeness rights, see ya around!"

-The UFC

6/26/09 12:23 AM
SWCLacksta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit.
6/26/09 12:31 AM
GodzillaFuria
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't mean he will never be back.
6/26/09 12:43 AM
Mad Xyientist
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

both those guys should sign with Bellator or Strikeforce.
6/26/09 12:52 AM
clattymine
570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Botesch looked pretty good. Brawlers are always fun to watch. Prof X looked like shit in his last fight! He needs more work.
6/26/09 12:55 AM
NorthFromHere
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boetsch simply didn't have the cardio to compete at the UFC level.
6/26/09 1:20 AM
nyhcloyalty
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DemandMMA, Admin
I wonder if not making weight had anything to do with it. 

Either way, it sucks. Big fan of Mike C. He also stepped in on short notice to take on Drwal when Eric Schafer got injured.
6/26/09 1:22 AM
Li Mu Bai

the ufc contract is so absurd that when i read "released" its like being released from jail.
6/26/09 2:16 AM
KenP

MMAagents.com, Sports Agent
He did miss weight...
6/26/09 2:17 AM
Mad Xyientist

KenP - He did miss weight...

LOL.....I gotta give it to Ken, he's not afraid of a fight.
6/26/09 2:30 AM
Elias Cepeda
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That stinks. Mike C fought on short notice in multiple weight classes. Have a feeling he will be back though.
Same for big Tim. Good fighters
6/26/09 2:32 AM
PrettyBoy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Xyientist - "Thanks for your lifetime likeness rights, see ya around!"

-The UFC

Dude is you dont become the vote up champion this month something is wrong.
6/26/09 2:35 AM
nyhcloyalty
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DemandMMA, Admin
KenP - He did miss weight...

He DID take two fights on short notice...
6/26/09 2:37 AM
ScottCL

I think both of these fighters have a solid chance at getting back in. Damn I love boetsch too. Coming into conan music and fucking ragdolling david heath with his jeet kun do, I mean how much more badass can you get?
6/26/09 2:44 AM
Mike Sanders

walr?s - 
Elias Cepeda -  That stinks. Mike C fought on short notice in multiple weight classes. Have a feeling he will be back though.
Same for big Tim. Good fighters

Tim Boetsch and Mike Ciesnolevicz are ex-college roommates too!

www.fearthewalrus.com/2009/03/tim-boetsch-is-ready-to-kill-monster-at.html

You have a site based on your UG posts? LOL.
6/26/09 2:47 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

This is horrible news.
6/26/09 2:56 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No wonder everyone hates Pavia and maybe he is uncorking a bottle of champagne with money he stole off a fighter. Thank you to everyone who does bad mouth that shit bag on here and expose him.

I did miss weight and its on me for getting so heavy (245lbs) but i was coming off a heavyweight fight, had not fought 205 in 15 months and a knee injury so it is what it is. I lost 22 lbs the last 24 hrs and i cramped pretty bad and felt like shit the day of the fight. I will never attempt a weight cut like that again. That kind of stuff takes years of your life. I actually still almost a week later dont feel 100 percent recovered. I started cutting from about 15 lbs higher than i normally do. Its business, i performed like shit regardless of the circumstances. I was embarassed and still am.

I hope the UFC gives me a rubber match down the road and i hope i get another fight with Tomasz also. He did his job but that was far from the best Mike C out there.

Regardless fighting and winning in the UFC was my goal when i was 15 yrs old and i did it and i feel accomplished because i fought my way into the UFC through 21 fights to get there. I didnt get on a reality show and shit in someones pillow case or whatever.

Thanks guys!
6/26/09 3:03 AM
PrettyBoy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best of luck Mike
6/26/09 3:07 AM
Universl
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/09 3:08 AM
Fuck man, I can't imagine cutting that much weight in such a short amount of time, let alone FIGHT in a cage in that state. No wonder your body shut down after that blow. I'm glad you're not seriously hurt.

Hindsight is 20/20 and a real bitch. Nothing to be embarassed about Mike. You stepped up and everybody loses. If nothing else, You're now a UFC veteran and more people know who you are. There are plenty of other venues out there and like you said, you accomplished the goals you set out for yourself. Everything henceforth is just icing on the cake.

Best of luck! Low blow from Pavia. It's easy to kick someone while they're down.
6/26/09 3:11 AM
shb
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why was there no thread like this for boetsch, he always made weight and he stepped up on short notice multiple times
6/26/09 3:13 AM
4pdboxing
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for mike c
6/26/09 3:14 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

You did a good job Mike don't get to down on yourself. It happens to the best of the best.
6/26/09 3:18 AM
nyhcloyalty

DemandMMA, Admin
Really upset they did you that dirty Mike, you did them a big favor twice by taking fights when others would not. I'm sure you'll find your way back in the UFC sooner rather than later though. 

That being said, what did you think of Drwal as an opponent? It looked like he had a lot of power in his strikes.

6/26/09 3:30 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drwal was really strong but then again i felt really weak so im not sure how to gauge it honestly. I wasnt worried about his hands really until the shot at the end in a flurry had me seeing double before i took the knee. It was all down hill from there.

Thanks again everyone. Off to bed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.