UnderGround Forums

Indiana Underground >> Looking for Kickboxing & MMA Sparring Partners

6/26/09 3:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ronin7411
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, I stay in the Northwest Indiana area and train at the World Gym in Highland, Indiana because that is the only gym out in my area that will allow their members to spar and train in the martial arts openly. Also before he got his own gym down the street from them WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres trained out of there for 3 years. I'm not style or competition type discriminatory as long as the person wants to help me out improve my current fight skills and to help me accomplish my future goals I'll be more than happy to train and spar with them. Currently the only things I can bring to sparring with anyone is 2 pairs of Top Contender MMA gloves (one Large the other Regular), 3 Velcro connecting mats, an Everlast Punching Bag, and my membership to World Gym to use their facilities to train at. If you can help me out or are looking for another human punching bag (I'm a striker with an extremely small amount of experience on groundwork and submissions. So someone with a good BJJ or Submission Wrestling background would beat me easily because of my lack of formal training in groundwork.)please contact me at ronin7411@yahoo.com to see if we can talk about training and sparring with each other. Also bring your friends and any other people you know that stay in the Northwest Indiana area that would like to fight in Kickboxing and MMA the more people I can spar and train with the better. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
7/1/09 11:29 PM
proving grounds mma

Well why don,t you make the trip to indpls and work out with legendary muay thai coach jon tribbi he has been to thailand and we also have a few ufc fighters who are willing to help
7/2/09 2:12 PM
ronin7411

Hi, Hoover (I found your name from another thread I saw you post at) and thanks for your help I want to train with your gym so bad really I do but my lack of funds to enroll in a MMA gym and to pursue it to the level I want is whats holding me back now. The reason why I train out of World Gym is because their membership fee is only $25 a month which I can afford but as far as $85, $100, and some of the gyms out here in Lake County $150 a month that is a little steep for me right now because of the bills at the house. Also I'm a full time college student that only gets money for doing stupid side jobs like land scaping and helping out people with stuff that they don't feel like messing with but is willing to pay someone to mess with it. I also don't have the money to travel 2 hours to Indianapolis and 2 hours back to where I stay in Lake Station but believe me if I did I would be there faster than you can blink. If you know anybody that stays in the NW Indiana area that is an independent or has a lot of free time please pass my e-mail address on to them so that I can talk to them. I'll willing to work with anybody hell I'll even spar with traditional martial artists just to get some sparring time to improve my fighting skills. Again thanks Hoover for your assistance it was much appreciated.

Johnny
7/2/09 8:44 PM
proving grounds mma

just call me when u can 317-652-5874 we can work someting our
4/3/10 7:23 PM
ronin7411

Hey guys, I just thought that I should update this thread a little bit. I got another training partner that is into BJJ to improve my ground game off of my threads on Sherdog. I also got another training partner from my area from my Craigslist ad that is into Modern Army Combatives so I got me a couple of people to help me on my skills on the ground. But to help me out with my striking even more I'm working with a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do for free at his school on Fridays. If anybody from the NW Indiana area sees this thread and wants to do some training drop me a line we would be more than happy to train with you.
4/3/10 10:31 PM
bbyslvrbk
359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

swing in to see Kolosci in valpo at LA boxing. you also have Duneland Vale Tudo with Wisnewski in the area also.
4/8/10 2:37 PM
ronin7411

Edited: 04/08/10 7:53 PM
BBYSLVRBK, I'm working on a rather limited budget so training with John isn't going to work with me and if I didn't have college classes at 6pm to go to I would be training with Keith and Justin (mostly because they're free). But one of the people that I train with also trains with Team Corral so I'm getting some instruction from a good source and connections to the MMA scene out in my area. I just have scheduling conflicts that prevents me from pursuing MMA training at the level that I want to but hey I gotta take care of my plan B. I know I'm not the only one that is available for training between 2pm at the latest 5pm in my area and if there is someone in my area that is open at those times hit me up.
4/9/10 11:31 PM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We are in NE Indiana. Some good training partners. Head coach is a former national award winning kickboxing trainer.
4/19/10 5:25 PM
ronin7411

Shire, if you're open from 2pm-5pm to train with me and the people I'm training with now hit me up we can always use more people to train with.
4/21/10 3:02 AM
bigraydaddy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Torres Martial Arts.

Go in & talk to Miguel, he's a cool dude and prooly work out a good price, if you a student.

Lots of sparring
5/21/10 1:40 AM
ronin7411

No money bro after I'm done paying bills at the house I usually only have gas money for the car. But really soon I'm going to be able to use this Tae Kwon Do school's location 3 days out of the week to train at. I'll keep everyone posted and I'm going to be using it for free so as soon as I get the okay from the Instructor to use the school 3 days out of the week I'll post the days and times and anybody that reads this can roll by and do some training with me.
5/29/10 1:42 AM
ronin7411

Okay everyone I got a time slot at Old Firehouse Community Center where anybody can come in to train for free on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 2pm-5pm. If anybody is free at those times and days here is the address:

Old Firehouse Community Center

6055 West 29th Avenue.

Gary, IN. 46406

hope to see some of you there eventually.
8/14/10 1:45 AM
ronin7411

I decided to go more public with my search for people to train with and got some profiles on Meetup check them out.

http://www.meetup.com/Demolition-MMA/

http://www.meetup.com/NW-Indiana-Martial-Artists-and-Parkourists-Club/

http://www.meetup.com/Black-Dragon-Ninjitsu-Street-Focus-Jujitsu-Study-Group/
10/26/10 2:18 AM
ronin7411

As soon as I get some more free time I'm going to start training at HIT Kickboxing good friends with some of the people who go up there. Great gym as well

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffith-IN/HIT-Kickbocking-Academy/155329421170751
2/23/11 8:27 PM
ronin7411

Hey guys I decided to create websites for my groups out in my area since Meetup can't keep descent financial records

http://bdnandsfjjstudygroup.webs.com/

http://demolitionmma.webs.com/

http://nwimapc.webs.com/

2/28/11 10:21 PM
Tractor
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you close to south bend ? Phone Post
4/23/11 12:10 PM
ronin7411

Depending where you stay at South Bend I'm just a 3o minute to 40 minute drove west on US 20
6/8/11 2:13 AM
ronin7411

I train at HIT now in conjunction with what I do at OFCC here is HIT's website if anyone is interested in checking them out

http://hitkickboxing219.webs.com/
11/29/11 5:39 PM
ronin7411

Hey guys still training hard at two locations at the same time one of my training partners wants to start a Chinese martial arts study group out here in NW Indiana. Here is the website should anyone want to visit it

http://darkrage219.webs.com/
12/1/11 4:55 AM
ronin7411

Hey everyone my other school's website just got done check it out

http://ofcc219.webs.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.