UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz v. Joe Riggs II set for Strikeforce 8/15

6/29/09 11:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Nick Diaz vs. Joe Riggs II set for “Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg”

Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg.

The event is scheduled to take place at the HP Pavillion in San Jose, California.

Sources within Strikeforce recently confirmed the bout according to a recent report on Carson’s Corner.

This bout between the two will be the second professional mixed martial arts match-up but their third fight as the two traded blows in the hospital following their first encounter.

Riggs won the previous match-up between the two at UFC 57 as he edged out Diaz in a hard fought unanimous decision victory.

Diaz last saw action on May 6 where he submitted Scott Smith with a rear naked choke in the third round of “Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields”,the same card where Riggs bested Phil Baroni by unanimous decision in his last outing.

read full article...

6/29/09 11:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joesonshuevos
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another thread?
6/29/09 11:21 PM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

185 or 170?
6/29/09 11:22 PM
knee2thegroin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome
6/29/09 11:24 PM
Telfo

shouldnt this be III?  since II was in the hospital?
6/29/09 11:25 PM
Crooklyn
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
"Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg."

Stupidest sentence in the history of ever.  The fact that this fight is on the undercard is just fucking wrong.  I'm all for women's MMA, but I'm not sure that it's time for a women's bout to be the main event carrying a bigtime show.  Commence flaming...
6/29/09 11:34 PM
ACE won DEAL with it
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carano will draw more people than Diaz or Riggs.

It's a no brainer.
6/29/09 11:35 PM
OriginalTUFer

I thought it was the 8.15 card. Wait, UG News - edit your thread titles for now on. You always get cut off; you should create thread titles that fit.
6/29/09 11:38 PM
Crooklyn
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ACE won DEAL with it -  Carano will draw more people than Diaz or Riggs.

It's a no brainer.

You stop flaming!  
6/29/09 11:40 PM
Mad Xyientist
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That card is awesome in any order
6/30/09 12:09 AM
The Sultan
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/30/09 12:27 AM
Mr Clark

Diaz fights fairly often for a top rated guy, gotta respect that!
6/30/09 12:39 AM
Poindexter
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/30/09 12:43 AM
Crooklyn - "Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg."

Stupidest sentence in the history of ever. The fact that this fight is on the undercard is just fucking wrong. I'm all for women's MMA, but I'm not sure that it's time for a women's bout to be the main event carrying a bigtime show. Commence flaming...

Is the sentence stupid, or its substance?
6/30/09 12:41 AM
Crooklyn

Poindexter - 
Crooklyn - "Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg."

Stupidest sentence in the history of ever.  The fact that this fight is on the undercard is just fucking wrong.  I'm all for women's MMA, but I'm not sure that it's time for a women's bout to be the main event carrying a bigtime show.  Commence flaming...

Is the sentence stupid, or it's substance?

Can I go with both?
6/30/09 12:45 AM
SPMF

Diaz by ko or sub this wont go to decision
6/30/09 12:45 AM
Poindexter
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn - 
Poindexter - 
Crooklyn - "Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg."

Can I go with both?

Yes, but it works okay as a sentence prior to an analysis of the content. **pushes glasses back towards eyes**
6/30/09 12:49 AM
Crooklyn

Poindexter - 
Crooklyn - 
Poindexter - 

Can I go with both?

Yes, but it works okay as a sentence prior to an analysis of the content. **pushes glasses back towards eyes**

Noted.
6/30/09 12:52 AM
Plunkett

Edited: 06/30/09 1:03 AM
Crooklyn -

It will be shown on TV. Undercard and prelim card are different things.

Carano/Cyborg is deserving of the main event, it can carry the big show.

And I quote from Dann Stupp's twitter "On Carano-Cyborg media call. This fight'll get more mainstream press than any in '09. Few major news outlets already called us 4 comment"

Carano's last fight on CBS gained 950,000 viewers. Her previous fight on CBS gained 1,020,000 viewers. Arlovski/Nelson fight lost 110,000 of those viewers, which says those people tuned in just to see Carano fight, and then tuned away.

If Carano wasn't a participant in the fight, I wouldn't think it should be the main event either. But Carano is a star that attracts media attention and viewers, which is really what you want out of a main event. Plus, it's for a title and is going to be an awesome fight. It's absolutely worthy and able to carry a big show.

It should end up being the highest rated event Strikeforce has done on Showtime.

6/30/09 1:33 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riggs by muay thai.
6/30/09 1:35 AM
Knux

Can't wait for carano/cyborg. As much as I love Diaz, I can wait for this match up.

But Nick's fight will be televised. Just you wait and see.
6/30/09 1:39 AM
angryguy
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Riggs broke his hand against Baroni?

Anyway, I like them both alot. It'll be a huge win for Riggs' career but just another win for Diaz
6/30/09 2:00 AM
Crooklyn

whathappened - 

when they say undercard they don't mean prelims, which means it will be shown on showtime, do some research before posting so that you don't sound like an idiot

carano/cyborg is a TITLE fight, which means it's going to be on the main card regardless and has no effect on the diaz/riggs position on the card, so why do you keep bitching about it?....

You really aren't very smart, but I'll let it slide since you are either new to the board, or new to my posts...
6/30/09 2:20 AM
Knux

Crooklyn - 
whathappened - 

when they say undercard they don't mean prelims, which means it will be shown on showtime, do some research before posting so that you don't sound like an idiot

carano/cyborg is a TITLE fight, which means it's going to be on the main card regardless and has no effect on the diaz/riggs position on the card, so why do you keep bitching about it?....

You really aren't very smart, but I'll let it slide since you are either new to the board, or new to my posts...

I've heard the term "undercard" used for both prelims and for fights that were not the main event (headliners) but were in fact televised.
6/30/09 2:29 AM
alkysmurf
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Clark - Diaz fights fairly often for a top rated guy, gotta respect that!

cause he aint no bitch, hommie!
but yeah he fights constantly, one reason i dont think the ufc would be a good fit for him, i think that fighting so consistantly is great for some guys keeps them in the right mindset, other guys need big camps and lots of time between fights... curious, does anyone in the ufc get to fight this often?
6/30/09 2:47 AM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Correction:

Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs 3

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.