UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Burnett v Militich........

6/30/09 11:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mikey burnett
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IrishFighter110 - Damn. tough going. Would you be able to box?

no my Dr would preferre I didn't teach, but thats not happening
6/30/09 11:32 AM
mikey burnett

No.... I teach, he just doesn't want me too, shit I got kids, he ain't op paying my shit
6/30/09 11:37 AM
Old Feller
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had to re-read that first sentence to let it sink in Mikey.  The finality of a fighter being told they are out for good is heavy stuff.  I know you don't want pity, but I feel for you anyway.  Best of luck with the new challenges ahead of you.
6/30/09 11:44 AM
mikey burnett

IrishFighter110 - too right. put the food on the table. i hope you dont mind me asking but whats the exact damage to the neck? its unfixable?

Damage is ruptured disk and bulging disk, arthritis has set into the spinal cord, Dr said I could try surgery but its been too long...
6/30/09 11:46 AM
mikey burnett

no, if u want to pity someone, pity my 80 year old boxing trainer, Timothy Goodall, he is in bad shape right now with congestive heath failure . Has worked with many great fighters...... great man.
6/30/09 11:55 AM
fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still heart ya Mikey!
6/30/09 12:04 PM
ECC170

If we ever meet Mikey I'll have a Swisher full of AK-47 for ya Pal :)
6/30/09 12:32 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck with the rehab.

you got more mail
6/30/09 1:27 PM
Kirik
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 ttt
6/30/09 1:30 PM
Stunpals
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikey, I'll be contacting you later this year. We need to get together and do another story. Or at least bs. Really enjoyed talking with you last time.

-Dwayne/Urban Tulsa
6/30/09 1:38 PM
ttc

pops is sick??????!!!!!!!

terrible

mikey burnett - no, if u want to pity someone, pity my 80 year old boxing trainer, Timothy Goodall, he is in bad shape right now with congestive heath failure . Has worked with many great fighters...... great man.
6/30/09 2:04 PM
Ramon Maroni

Edited: 06/30/09 2:07 PM
sorry to hear Mikey, u were definatly one of the mma "pioneers", with that said Blaze up brother!!!
6/30/09 2:11 PM
shmuckothemighty
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikey

Dr's are only human get a second or a third opinion and look for other ways to deal with this. not saying you will be able to fight again but there is probably an other way to treat it to some extent
6/30/09 2:49 PM
Plunkett

ttt
6/30/09 2:53 PM
ShanTheMan
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear that Mikey, keep your chin up
6/30/09 3:21 PM
MattBenwa
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear the bad news Mikey, but glad you can still teach at least - hang in there buddy!
6/30/09 3:45 PM
Daht
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear man.
6/30/09 4:11 PM
mikey burnett

shmuckothemighty - Mikey

Dr's are only human get a second or a third opinion and look for other ways to deal with this. not saying you will be able to fight again but there is probably an other way to treat it to some extent

I agree, but Ive had lots of opinions, Ive been patient on waiting for things to get done, I don't want to take Pain Meds the rest of my life, I dont want to hurt anymore........ I understand the damage, I deal with it all day everyday,

I can still teach at this point, my Dr does not want me to, but he understands.

This is not going to kep me down, Ive been down so many times, I always make it back up.......Im thankful for the life I have. I have lost hope in a lot of things though.
Sometimes hope is all we have.
6/30/09 4:17 PM
Veegoh
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck Mikey. I am with you on not wanting to take pain pills for ever. There are all kinds of Holistic pain supressors.

Veria.com is a great site that really explains which herbs you can use and the proper way to use them. I am sure there are alot more out there, but this place seems to be exclusivly holistic.

always a fan
6/30/09 4:30 PM
mikey burnett

Rolling with Bravo sounds much better
6/30/09 4:48 PM
edubbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikey, was awesome watching you fight over the years, thanks for everything. Like somebody else said at least you can teach and pass on your skills to many other people.

Best of luck bro.
6/30/09 7:25 PM
knuckleballs

Mikey, you got to live your dreams, and very few can say that.... May you continue to find ways to live out your new ones....rock on, bro.....

stuart from brooklyn
6/30/09 11:57 PM
CruJones
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of the reasons i still read this site. great read guys. go mikey!
7/1/09 2:30 AM
Jerry Bohlander
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the most athletically gifted fighter that I've ever trained with, Mikey Burnett.
7/1/09 2:49 AM
jman
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hang in there Mikey, good luck in the future and thanks for your contributions to the sport.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.