UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Burnett v Militich........

7/1/09 3:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jshtempe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very unfortunate news, good luck with everything else you choose to do in the future!
7/1/09 8:28 AM
mikey burnett
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jerry u the man, taught me everything. TTT for Jerry Bohlander, the Original Gangster, Ultimate Fighters, when weight limit was not an option and neither was time limit.... Real Ultimate Fighting

No Im not sure about weed. Im really joking, probably going to get off Pain Meds though. And Mary Jane is Illegal in Tulsa, I have kids that look to me , what kinds example would that be.
7/1/09 9:19 AM
grimer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Keep your head up Mikey. I appreciate all that you've done for the sport. You have always been one of my favorite fighters.
7/1/09 9:30 AM
Archangel

Grab Jens and come to Boise. We could use some good coaches and we have good weed!
7/1/09 9:30 AM
SecondBase
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad news Mikey. Hope all turns out well for you.
7/1/09 9:39 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikey I have a question for you.
Not that I'm saying you should necessarily do this, but since you will never be cleared by sanctioning body again, would you ever fight on an Indian reservation, or some other location where sanctioning isn't an issue?
7/1/09 10:38 AM
mikey burnett
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin -   Mikey I have a question for you.
Not that I'm saying you should necessarily do this, but since you will never be cleared by sanctioning body again, would you ever fight on an Indian reservation, or some other location where sanctioning isn't an issue?

No , I think Im pretty lucky to have risked as much as I have and still be here to talk about it. If my Dr won't clear me . I'll listen, he is the Dr..... I have some goals in MMA, I still want to get a BJJ black, so, I have some things to fight over but that fight bus left I guess....... I'll have to find another road to travel.
7/1/09 11:44 AM
Jeepster
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best of luck
7/1/09 11:52 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikey burnett - 
Sagiv Lapkin -   Mikey I have a question for you.

No , I think Im pretty lucky to have risked as much as I have and still be here to talk about it. If my Dr won't clear me . I'll listen, he is the Dr..... I have some goals in MMA, I still want to get a BJJ black, so, I have some things to fight over but that fight bus left I guess....... I'll have to find another road to travel.

I think that's a good decision. Good luck brother.
7/1/09 11:56 AM
U4EA
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+++ for a fighter with one of the most successful use of boxing skills in the history of the sport.
7/1/09 3:12 PM
deadlyonetwo3
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for an original Gangster, Mikey Burnett!

I am very sorry that you can't do what you love to do.  I can't imagine how this is all hitting you.

Take care, and good luck with everything.
7/1/09 3:38 PM
Morgz
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Mikey, Thanks for kicking ass and entertaining us all!
7/1/09 3:49 PM
jkkazmier
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikey burnett - Well I dont want to take Pain killers the rest of my life, so Mary Jane will be another option

Pot helps with opiate withdraws but I don't find it helps with pain.

Maybe you and pat could thumb wrestle...sorry bad joke. Good luck to you with your future.
7/1/09 3:58 PM
Dougie
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikey burnett - Sometimes hope is all we have.

This.
7/1/09 4:17 PM
mikey burnett

Lost hope in ever helping the pain in my neck is rough........ hope is a good thing, its a terrible thing to ever lose............ I hope u guys have a great day.....I gotta go teach
7/1/09 5:11 PM
DirkH

Edited: 07/01/09 5:11 PM
Mikey, you don't know me from Adam and my post is worth about what you paid for it, but; I've had some bad experiences with ortopedic docs, but I've seen some folks have wonderfull results.

Bone pinching on a nerve causes pain. Get the bone off the nerve, even if you have to fuse several vertabre, and the pain is GONE. You loose some flexibility, but not too bad.
The arthrits is irrelevent once there is no joint any more, just fused bone. you just got to get pressure off the nerve.

Keep checking around for a doc that thinks he can help.
7/2/09 10:39 AM
mikey burnett

I do looking at the rest of your life in pain isnot a great outlook...
7/2/09 10:44 AM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel fine now that I have given up hope.

7/2/09 11:10 AM
mikey burnett

... Ive given up hope on some people in the business side of MMA.... I teach individual Martial Arts and would never train another serious MMA competitor. Unless he has a college degree and a full time job.
7/2/09 11:16 AM
mikey burnett

The hard part is that, the money spent on the defense lawyer cost more than the surgery itself......Now its most likely to late to ever get better....Very disheartening...... I didn't even get a lawyer til I was ignored for a year. then we didn't file suit til the statue of limitations was going to run out, WE HOPED THEY WOULD DO THE RIGHT THING
7/2/09 11:19 AM
Kinetsu Hayabusa

best wishes, Mikey
7/2/09 11:32 AM
Novice
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough to hear Mikey. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. I for one hope you don't walk away from the sport completly.
7/2/09 12:04 PM
Leghound
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sort of confused (out late, up early, still drinking coffee...and I'm half stupid as well).

The arthritis set in from an injury suffered in training? Is the arthritis a function of waiting too long to deal with the injury or just a function of being predisposed genetically? And what's the lawyer solving? Was there an injury that happened in the ring as well?

Sorry if these Q's sound dumb, wasn't able to fully follow all you were saying. I do think you're right about how we'll see more and more spinal injuries due to cumulative issues from training over the next 5-10 years as the first few waves of pioneeers in the sport age.
7/2/09 12:08 PM
hubris
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow old school

Jerry and Mikey
7/2/09 12:10 PM
mikey burnett

The arthritis set in on the neck injury that occurred of TUF 4. If the surgery that I was promised had ever happened. Im sure Id be fine, The lawyer was trying to make them fix my neck, the DR says its taken to lond....3 years,,,, and probably cant be fixed now,"u are going to have pain the rest of your life"...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.