UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Burnett v Militich........

7/2/09 12:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mikey burnett
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The arthritis set in on the neck injury that occurred of TUF 4. If the surgery that I was promised had ever happened. Im sure Id be fine, The lawyer was trying to make them fix my neck, the DR says its taken to lond....3 years,,,, and probably cant be fixed now,"u are going to have pain the rest of your life"...
7/2/09 12:19 PM
Leghound
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotcha. That fucking sucks dood (not that you don't know that already). TTT to get the story out there.
7/2/09 12:20 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
1705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd get another opinion. See what another doc says.
7/5/09 11:11 AM
mikey burnett

I still have goals, this thing is killing me someone elsae dictating my future , but I will get my black in BJJ and compete again in ADCC......
7/5/09 11:15 AM
Roccy

Are you at least prescribed a lovely array of narcotic painkillers for the pain?  Just sniffed up my morning 80mg Oxy myself
7/5/09 12:30 PM
yabadaba
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikey,

In the late 90s you were by general consensus the best in your weight class when you stopped fighting. After your fight with Townsend Saunders you should have got a title shot against Miletich. I know that was the fight you wanted and it wasn't offered to you but did the UFC offer you any fights after that? If they did not why didn't you fight for another organization?
7/5/09 2:47 PM
U4EA
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/05/09 2:47 PM
Mikey,

Is this, perchance, your good self?

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=134511&cat=boxer
7/6/09 9:28 AM
mikey burnett

....I was offered some fights about a year later, I believe Shogi Anjo was one Matt Hughes..... I tried to come back and fight Hughes I think it was, but got bit by a brown recluse, that put me back at least a year....everything kinda went down hill after the title loss, the momentum in my life really changed. I had a very young new family and was trying to make ends meet. running a school, and hoping fighting would pan out.....

Looking back all of the bad things where good for me, IO learned many lessons. I'm a different person, probably not much of a fighter as a Philosopher.
7/6/09 11:04 PM
yabadaba
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/06/09 11:09 PM

I don't think this forum was around back then but there was something similar through email (the "fight list" I think the first one was called). I'm sure you already know this but you were definitely considered the best at your weight (Pat had his supporters but he also took a lot of abuse for fighting lesser opponents). It sucks not only for you but also for the sport that the rematch didn't happen.

I'm sorry to hear about your current issues. You've had some tough breaks but you seem to have the right attitude - what does not kill me makes me stronger.

7/6/09 11:32 PM
TheeSenator
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikey,

I will talk to you tomorrow but not all hope is lost my friend. I spoke to my wife about you seeing a different doctor here in Tulsa and I need for you to grab copies of your x-rays, cat scans, and MRI.

There's always a chance my brother.. If I gave up when I wanted to I wouldn't be here now.

See you on the mat bro!
7/6/09 11:39 PM
TheeSenator
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FYI - the doctor who my wife thinks would be a great one to see owns the Cains Ballroom.. Real cool guy, laid back and is one hell of a spine and specialty doctor.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.