UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> lol if you guys dont use wood or charcoal

7/1/09 3:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shootfightermike
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gas id for siissy faygs who are skeert of real grillin!

WHOS WIDDME?
7/1/09 3:19 AM
shootfightermike
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and wood in a gas fuckin grill dont count

you need to be like beavis...............

fire fire!
7/1/09 4:29 PM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been totally thinking of getting a charcoal grill just for shits and giggles. Gas is just so convenient though.
7/1/09 10:16 PM
shootfightermike

gas is for nancy boyz
7/1/09 10:25 PM
Pito Chueco
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer charcoal, but also have a gas grill for convenience.

I can come home from work and throw something on gas grill, but if I fire up the pit it takes a good 45 minutes to get the coals primed up.
7/2/09 6:53 AM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife and daughter give me a hard time because I have a charcoal grill, gas grill and a smoker... but each has it's purpose.
7/2/09 11:23 AM
shootfightermike

ttt
7/2/09 3:20 PM
fryabusa
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hank Hill does not approve of this thread.
7/3/09 11:17 PM
shootfightermike

l0l
7/3/09 11:20 PM
Pito Chueco
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taste the meat, not the heat....

Really though, Kevin Curtis is correct. It shouldnt be one or the other.
7/5/09 9:58 AM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's well documented that I recently switched from propane to lump charcoal. While it's true that I now have a much more versatile cooker, I don't think the food tastes any different when I cook the same stuff I used to cook on the propane grill.
7/13/09 1:51 PM
jasonclk
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently won this charcoal grill in a drawing at my local grocery store.

http://www.charbroil.com/consumer/product_detail_e.aspx?ProductID=2004&CategoryID=40

All cast iron, weighs about 190 lbs, retails for about $430.00. I had to season the insides for 2 hours before grilling on it.

I'm still saving up for my BGE, though.
10/27/09 6:16 PM
shootfightermike

still on pg 1?
10/27/09 9:23 PM
Mikusoraiden
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got married a few months back and I put a charcoal grill on the registry but we got a propane one :/

Can't really complain cuz its still a great gift but I'd still like to get a charcoal one just to work on technique.
10/28/09 4:30 PM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i cant choose just one. i have 2 gassers, 3 charcoal kettles, 2 charcoal smokers and 1 electric smoker. gonna give a couple to my brother though.
10/31/09 12:44 PM
shootfightermike

MikeZev - i cant choose just one. i have 2 gassers, 3 charcoal kettles, 2 charcoal smokers and 1 electric smoker. gonna give a couple to my brother though.

8 grills?

i got 2
10/31/09 4:55 PM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i built the 2 charcoal smokers out of 55 gallon drums and bought a couple kettle grills for parts but they're still functional. see my thread on the food and wine ground about 55 gallon drums for some pictures.
10/31/09 8:36 PM
Pito Chueco

I guess grills are like shoes are for women....you can never have enough.

I have a big smoker, a propane grill, one "Old Smokey" charcoal grill, one Weber smokey joe charcoal grill, and a portable table top propane grill (that is really a piece of shit.)
11/2/09 11:12 PM
steak and chicken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really you just need an open flame, make a fire pit, use wood. wait till the flame settles a bit and put a foldable grill over the fire or use a hand held one.

or you can get creative and use granite rock (if thin enough) as your surface on the fire, cooked like this in algonquin and it was like a frying pan for our breakfast.

if your a stay at home dad then you can cook amazing shit on a propane grill if you know how to cook, its more the man that knows how to cook than the way he does it.

I would like to get a smoker someday though, easier than my rugged manly pain in the ass technique.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.