UnderGround Forums
 

UnderGround Forums >> Riggs v Diaz II possible, but not set, for 8/15


7/1/09 3:26 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 12/3/08
Posts: 721
The Underground News
 

Joe Riggs vs. Nick Diaz II possible, but not set, for Aug. 15 Strikeforce event

One of the most infamous fights in MMA history, complete with a legendary post-fight emergency room brawl reportedly broken up by police officers, may spawn an upcoming rematch.

Joe Riggs (31-11) first defeated Nick Diaz (20-7) via unanimous decision in 2006 at UFC 57, and since then, both fighters have given slightly different versions of a scrap that took place at an emergency room after the bout.

Now, with both fighters under contract to Strikeforce, officials are considering adding Riggs vs. Diaz II to the Showtime-televised main card for their Aug. 15 show in San Jose, Calif.

That event, which takes place at the HP Pavilion, features at least two title fights with Gina Carano vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (for Strikeforce's first-ever 145-pound women's championship) and UFC lightweight champ Josh Thomson vs. interim title-holder Gilbert Melendez.

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reports that the bout is set are premature, but he said the organization hasn't closed the door on the possibility of the welterweight fight.

read full article...



Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.