UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Martial Arts: Gateway To Occultism!

7/2/09 1:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm having a hard time believing that this article is not a piece of writing intended for comedic purposes. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that there are people who believe this kind of thing. I'm not a religious man, and I am by no means into the practice of judging others based on their faith or lack thereof, but I find this type of thinking to be rather pathetic.

I found this while googling for some training tips.

Taekwondo & the Martial Arts: Mere Exercise or Trojan Horse??

It's too large to paste into this post, please forgive.
7/4/09 3:09 AM
FlashGordon2002
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where there is a tendency for some martial arts to go off into lala land. And think it has something to do with one party demanding unquestioning loyalty from another party and the other party providing money to the first party; sometimes, a bad apple puts two and two together and gets five and decides to go into cult territory.

Plus, some arts like TKD seem to go there a lot; Koreans are fanatics about everything...religion included.
7/7/09 1:09 AM
OneScoup

Right now there's a widespread panic that new age groups are undertaking Europe (kind of like the ritual satanic killing scare in America in the 80's) and the Belgium government put Tai Chi groups on a list of cults. LOL.
7/8/09 12:25 AM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahahaha damn those dangerous Tai Chi extremists!
1/27/11 10:41 AM
Ryan Wood

Hmm I wonder what happened to the hyperlink in my original post. Here it is again:

http://www.pastornet.net.au/response/articles/83.htm

Fear the eastern occultism, repent! lol
1/30/11 10:08 AM
Jacks Wasted Life
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh my....I was actually a buddhist all those years I practiced Karate??  I'm glad the pastor let me know...
3/14/11 1:22 AM
Old Red Belt

I once was out in the backyard practicing with friends when a pentecostal preacher came up and tried to preform an exorcisim on me, in turn I turned the garden hose on him which had much better results.
3/30/11 11:56 PM
Ezekiel

Even if did involve people diving into Eastern occultism, so the fuck what. Leave people alone and let them do what they want. It's not body's business
4/1/11 3:52 PM
jrrrrr
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some MA have been taught with buddhist/taoist elements. This is why Mao massacred MA'ist in China.
There are also some MA that are being taught with christian and Jewish elements and some that are being done with no religious elements at all.
THe same goes for Yoga. Some christians are all up in arms because some yoga teachers refer to some of the buddhis elements in yoga.

If you really do not want to have their teachings you can do a fw things..
1 - Speak to the teacher and state that you are uncomfortable with those elements..
2 - don't go there anymore.

The real occultism starts when you see the instructor as more than a human being.
jrrrrr
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some MA have been taught with buddhist/taoist elements. This is why Mao massacred MA'ist in China.
There are also some MA that are being taught with christian and Jewish elements and some that are being done with no religious elements at all.
THe same goes for Yoga. Some christians are all up in arms because some yoga teachers refer to some of the buddhis elements in yoga.

1 - Speak to the teacher and state that you are uncomfortable with those elements..

The real occultism starts when you see the instructor as more than a human being.
jrrrrr

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.