UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Investment Art Opportunity

7/3/09 10:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gorgeous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If anyone has some cash that they would like to put in a safe place that will quadruple many times over many years, ie: will not need the money in the immediate future, there is some investment art being sold at the South Sydney Uniting Church in Redfern tomorrow night. It's wild and political and valuable and is in all sizes for all budgets. There is even a Clifford Possum for people with about 30 000 or 15000 depending on how much you've got. Gordon Syrons are going for $150 to $20 000. Depending on size and medium. Jump in. Stash it. Profit.
7/3/09 11:20 PM
armbarcrashdummy

I know I'm going to regret asking, but how does this have ANYTHING to do with MMA, BJJ, Wrestling, Judo, SG, training etc etc etc?
7/4/09 3:49 AM
Gorgeous

It has something to do with Australians and accessiblity. Go get osme. You'll thank me in 20 years when you sell it for a substantial amount of money.
7/4/09 4:30 AM
armbarcrashdummy

^^

So in other words, nothing to do with anything related to the martial arts, just you shilling some art works.
7/4/09 8:47 AM
Gorgeous

If you don't have the courage to invest in GREAT Australian art when you have the opportunity then don't. I'm not selling it. I'm doing you a favour to point it out.
7/4/09 8:53 AM
dojo stormer

have this got anything to do with ron cole, bikies or dodgy artworks?

if so then what time does this thing start? i'll be along with my chequebook
7/4/09 10:35 AM
Gorgeous

I almost spoke to him once. Closest I ever came to anything dodgy in the art world, apart from the buy back schemes promoted every now and again. Never do that. People end up desperate and stranded.

I'm being sent opening times for the rest of the week tomorrow little buddy. The cheque would have to clear before you could pick it up.
7/4/09 10:36 AM
Gorgeous

Look up the names, Adam Hill, Gordon Hookey and Gordon Syron and you'll get a feel from what these guys have achieved.
7/4/09 10:37 AM
Gorgeous

There are also historic posters for $25 each, which is nothing for something that will appreciate.
7/4/09 10:38 AM
Gorgeous

:D
7/4/09 10:40 AM
Gorgeous

10G now will bring you 80-200G in 15 years. The guy is 70 and sad to say it but when he dies his work will sky-rocket. Buy Big ONES!!!
7/5/09 8:57 AM
KingOfMyPancrase

I drew a picture of my dong with my blue belt from BJJ wrapped around it, with your art expertise Gorgeous if that went up for auction how much would it go for?
7/5/09 10:37 AM
Gorgeous

Edited: 07/05/09 10:43 AM
I anticipate it would be passed in, unless your name is Charles Blackman OR you are one of the Blue Men. 

I'm having one painted. A big one. As big as the ones in Australia's major museums etc, etc, etc. It cost me $23 000 worth of work.
7/5/09 11:38 PM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never used acid in highschool.
7/6/09 8:14 AM
Rogerology

Edited: 07/06/09 8:15 AM
My brother in law bought me and the wife a Chopper Reid painting for our wedding present, cost him $800 apparently, when I saw it I was like wtf is that shit, I am sure he got a 2 year old to throw some paint over a canvas, and it's called 'Kelly in Hiding' There is actually a stickman in the pic that does resemble a ned kelly like figure so I can make that connection. Would have just prefered an $800 stimulus cheque though, no way I would hang it on any of my walls.
7/6/09 11:47 PM
Gorgeous

Edited: 07/06/09 11:48 PM
 Well with a character like Chopper Reid you can always find a buyer. Money is safer in that artwork then it is in the bank. Though he's not going to appreciate as rapidly as others, like Gordon Syron.

I have a very long term view of this stuff. In my experince the buying cycle for a new buyer of a piece of artwork is about 6 months. It's a serious investment plus you've really got to do your work so you can be sure that the artwork you're buying is going to retain it's value or grow. There is nothing more disappointing for people then when they, "help," a new artist by buying an artwork from a cafe only to find that they can't sell the bloody thing when they get sick of it three years later. 

I actually know galleries that advocate throwing art out when you're sick of it. They think peple buy just because they like it. Nuts. Don't go there.

If anyone is interested in having a look I'l be down there myself next week. I'll publish the address and the time I'll be there. Sunday afternon next week after they finish the church service.

Always buy from a reputable art dealer who is able to provide valuations. That means they are acredited. 
7/6/09 11:52 PM
Gorgeous

Edited: 07/06/09 11:53 PM
If you want to keep the Chopper Reid safe for a resell box it up properly. referrably not in Chipboard because it gives off formaldehyde fumes that effect the paint and it's ability to stick to the canvas. Stick it somewhere dry where it wil not be contaminated with mould and forget about it until he dies :) (Sorry Chopper) Unless you have personal stories about him that the artwork will embellish while you tell them to your grandchildren :)

The reason we box it up is to preserve the texture of the paint surface. All fo htse little peeks and troughs. that is were the value of the artwork is. never role it. Never take it off it's stretcher. Never rub the suraface against anything, including a duster.

7/7/09 8:23 AM
Rogerology

Cheers, I will take that on board. It's on a stretcher I think, but not in a cabinet or behind glass so I can't roll it, I don't think I would roll it, cause it looks like the paint would just break off if I did. Anyway, thanks again, and hurry up Chop, move along for me please!!! Just joking, seriously.
7/8/09 12:30 AM
Gorgeous

:) I'm sure Chopper will appreciate that remark about just joking.
7/10/09 8:53 AM
Gorgeous

Edited: 07/10/09 8:58 AM
You know he puts himeself on show at pubs in Redfern and the Inner West and charges entry. It's quite entertaining to hear him talk :) 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.