UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> What are ur thoughts on the Ducati streetfighter?

7/4/09 12:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
deafwoody
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like a wicked bike.The engine and styling sell it to me.Just worried about repair bills(exotic bike from Italy) and any decent windprotection on the highway.
7/4/09 1:12 AM
deafwoody

7/4/09 8:40 PM
deafwoody

7/4/09 8:40 PM
deafwoody

7/4/09 8:44 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My thoughts are its ugly as hell compared to most ducs and there are lots of bikes in that class to compare against. The superduke and tuono at the top of the list. But indirect comparos as well, the b-king, the z1000, the duc hypermotard, the KTM supermoto, and the smaller supermotos that may very well be more fun to ride anywhere else but a freeway.
7/6/09 1:44 PM
Atecexa

better off with a UM/Hyo naked 650
7/7/09 11:09 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL! Not the same class by MILES. The Duc has ohlins, brembo, the 1098 motor. Its like ferrari vs hyundai.
7/14/09 2:00 AM
White347LX

About the cheapest bike I'd compare that Ducati to is a Speed Triple. And even that appears to be outgunned.

A good comparison would be the Buell CR1125. I test rode both the Ducati and Buell at Road America last month and they weren't that much different, IMO. I did like the Ducati's brakes over the on/off-ish Buell brakes.

But the Ducati costs about a fuckload of cash, doesn't it? Yeah, I'd get a faster bike for that much money.
7/15/09 9:07 AM
big_slacker

Thats the thing whitelx, for so much less money you could take any similar displacement bike that goes faster in a straight line, swap out the forks and shocks for ohlins, the brakes for brembo, some cosmetics and voila! A unique bike that will do everything as well or better. For a purely utilitarian perspective. Some people just love ducs.
7/17/09 2:34 AM
White347LX

I don't think you'd even have to go that far with the brakes. Just spend the money on good brake pads and lines for almost any sportbike and you've got brakes that most riders can never use to their limits.

That goes for most all components on a sportbike. 99.9% of all riders couldn't find the limits of a 8 year old R6 with decent tires, let alone any of the latest models.

That Ducati Streetfighter looks fugly, IMO. I love my Speed Triple, but it doesn't look near as busy as that Ducati. That thing looks like a Transformer or something.
7/17/09 7:15 PM
big_slacker

Right you are. One standout example is a group ride I was on. 13 mile tight twisties.

Me on an '01 f4i with stock suspension, exhaust, SS brake lines and EBC pads.

Shop guy on a ghetto ass 900rr, held together with zip ties.

Shop guy's friend on new 600rr, stock.

Guy on brand new gsxr 1000, full exhaust, race tech forks, ohlins rear, flip up license plate and big chicken strips.

Arrival at the meeting point at the end. Guy on 900rr, 30 seconds later me. A minute later the 600rr. 5 minutes later, the gixxer guy. Took so long we thought he crashed.

But regardless of your skill level you can still enjoy nice things on the bike even if they aren't absolutely neccessary for you riding.

I had an sv650 for a while. I could pass slow riders on whatever bikes they were riding. But better suspension would still have been nice.
7/18/09 2:00 AM
White347LX

Speaking of chicken strips, I'm going to post a pic of my Pilot Roadw 2 before I change them out. They have 5K miles and two track days on them. I actually got the entire Michelin Man wore off the edges! Woohoo!!

Learning to ride is fun!
7/19/09 4:41 PM
big_slacker

I haven't been able to ride much lately outside of commuting. Its 110+ out here. I'll be moving back to tahoe soon, I'll get more corners than I know what to do with. :D
7/19/09 7:06 PM
deafwoody

big_slacker - Right you are. One standout example is a group ride I was on. 13 mile tight twisties.

Me on an '01 f4i with stock suspension, exhaust, SS brake lines and EBC pads.

Shop guy on a ghetto ass 900rr, held together with zip ties.

Shop guy's friend on new 600rr, stock.

Guy on brand new gsxr 1000, full exhaust, race tech forks, ohlins rear, flip up license plate and big chicken strips.

Arrival at the meeting point at the end. Guy on 900rr, 30 seconds later me. A minute later the 600rr. 5 minutes later, the gixxer guy. Took so long we thought he crashed.

But regardless of your skill level you can still enjoy nice things on the bike even if they aren't absolutely neccessary for you riding.

I had an sv650 for a while. I could pass slow riders on whatever bikes they were riding. But better suspension would still have been nice.

I agree that there is no substitute for a skilled rider.my buddy always said there are only a couple of guys in every town that can even push some of these bikes to there limit.

The biggest thing is that there aren't really alot of twisty rodes where I live so what ever bike I grab will be pretty much for the street straight line riding.I might get out to the track but no guarantee's on that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.