UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Weird America

7/6/09 9:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirty Cake
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been visiting all sorts of strange, bizarre and unusual places, sites and things this last year, all around where I live, and I have plans to travel around a bit for the remainder of the year.  When I say weird and unusual, I mean anything strange, from museums to statues to odd festivals and so forth.

I've pretty much exhausted MOST of the interesting places in Arkansas and Oklahoma - I live in Tulsa, OK - and have been delving into southern Missouri as of late.  I've seen everything from giant soda bottles to 30' foot muffler men to bowling ball fences to gigantic statues of Mr. Peanut to junk museums to chow-chip throwing festivals to totem pole parks to... well, you name it.  All kinds of weird, bizarre crap found on the roadside.

What I'd like is your advice, oh ominous TravelGround, on new sites and things to see in my travels.

Here are the places I'll be headed to for the remainder of this year:

Lincoln, NE

Houston, TX

Katy, TX

The Grand Canyon, CO

New Orleans, LA

Las Vegas, NV

Also, since I'm driving from Tulsa, OK to Lincoln, NE and have a few days to spare, I've decided to make it a roadtrip of the weird, so anything off the major roads between those two cities would be a find.

I've used www.roadsideamerica.com as a general site for information, but it's not close to listing everything.  Even the slightest weirdness would be appreciated, if you have a tid-bit or two to throw my way.

Anyways, you get the general idea.  ANY help or advice for along the way would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
7/27/09 10:01 PM
Dirty Cake
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing?

LAME.
8/4/09 7:57 PM
One Man Militia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worlds largest thermometer in Baker, Ca. About 90 miles from Vegas.

Sequoia National Park, Ca - Big ass trees

4 corners monument - Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona all meet and you can be in 4 states at once.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.