UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Bacon tips?

7/7/09 9:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Einar
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently tried oven baked bacon strips sprinkled with sugar and black pepper, and it was unbelievably awesome.

Does anyone here have other tips for simple bacon snacks?
7/7/09 3:21 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

google "bacon explosion"

you're welcome
7/8/09 5:22 PM
crescentwrench
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dip it in melted chocolate, let chocolate set, eat.  I made a crapton over Easter and it was gone inside of five minutes.  
7/9/09 3:40 PM
Einar
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drunkenfighter - google "bacon explosion"

you're welcome

LOL, I have seen that before. Havent tried it yet.
7/9/09 3:41 PM
Einar

crescentwrench -  Dip it in melted chocolate, let chocolate set, eat.  I made a crapton over Easter and it was gone inside of five minutes.  

Now that sounds fucking brilliant.
7/9/09 10:02 PM
dendawg
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dip it in maple syrup then bake. Best bacon I ever had.
7/11/09 2:37 PM
Einar

dendawg -  Dip it in maple syrup then bake. Best bacon I ever had.

You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar. You're right, it was fucking epic, though i fried it in a pan until crisp and added syrup right at the end.
7/11/09 5:47 PM
dendawg
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're very welcome.
7/20/09 5:10 PM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My take on the "Explosion":

Southwest Heart Attack.
7/22/09 2:52 AM
Sadyv

Grilled peanut butter and bacon sandwich.
7/22/09 9:50 AM
crescentwrench
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oo, that's correct.  I did one of those Elvis Colon Crippler sammiches one time to get a taste of what was so delicious it can kill a man with the world around his pinky.  A peanut butter and banana sammich with bacon and drizzled in honey and then "grilled" in about a quarter inch of butter.  I could feel my heart constricting as I made it.  And I have to say, if I'm going to eat myself to death I can't think of a whole lot of things to do it with.  
9/7/09 10:20 AM
dendawg

Could the bacon explosion be made on a gas grill ???? I need to know before I start
cutting weight, quick !
9/7/09 12:27 PM
crescentwrench

It should.  Set it up for indirect cooking.  Like right side lit and explosion on left or outside burners lit and explosion in the middle.  Should work just like roasting a pork loin or something.  
9/7/09 12:48 PM
Mit
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife flours the bacon...gives it a bit of a crispy coating and keeps it from getting too small if you like it well done.
9/7/09 5:07 PM
hvt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thank God for this thread of holy bacon goodness.
9/7/09 9:38 PM
westernwarrior

Bacon burger

http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/bcb/
9/8/09 12:53 AM
samichlaus
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.