UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> 2006 Audi S4 vs 2009 Volkswagen CC VR6

7/7/09 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Lauzon
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/09 2:58 PM
Joe Lauzon, Director of Awesome

Looking to get a new car because I think my Explorer is on its last legs before too long. I asked a few friends who are into cars, because I am not, and they suggested the S4 and the CC VR6. Anyone have any experience with either? I know the VR6 is brand new, but someone might have one. 

Anyone with info? 

7/8/09 5:30 PM
Joe Lauzon
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no one? 
7/9/09 10:15 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd get the S4 personally. Yes, same parent company, but the VW has some teething problems where the S4 has been a mainstay of the luxury sport sedan class for years. Check this c-net article about the v-dub:

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2009-volkswagen-cc-vr6/4505-10865_7-33411345.html

I'd personally get the older model S4 with the V8. But the new one has the LED running lights for cool factor and the new supercharged V6 is supposed to get better mileage while retaining power. Up to you.

But you've also gotta look at the BMW M3 and Cadillac CTS-V.
7/9/09 3:56 PM
Ray Blackburn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can personally recommend the Mercedes C-300 AWD. It will get you around the New England winters.

I think it's far more refined than the other two cars. Though that new VW CC is a real looker!
7/9/09 11:01 PM
autotech
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe,

I would NOT recommend either of those cars.They are high maintenance and the cost of the maintenance is big $$$.The availability of parts is tough and then finding someone willing to work on them is another story.

If you are not worried about spending some extra money of keeping the car maintained then get the Audi.Have you checked out any Acura's a used tl.Get one with low miles and let someone else take the hit on the initial depreciation.
7/17/09 11:36 AM
Joe Lauzon

autotech - Joe,

I would NOT recommend either of those cars.They are high maintenance and the cost of the maintenance is big $$$.The availability of parts is tough and then finding someone willing to work on them is another story.

If you are not worried about spending some extra money of keeping the car maintained then get the Audi.Have you checked out any Acura's a used tl.Get one with low miles and let someone else take the hit on the initial depreciation.
The Audi was suggested by 2 of the guys at my gym. They are both mechanics that work on Audi's and love them. They can do all the work and said parts are a little expensive but not too bad. Also, no major problems with the S4 (except something with some of the Turbos thats covered by Audi). 

2/17/10 12:47 PM
ninjaturtle2048
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish i had experience with the S4 so get that.
3/2/10 10:34 PM
Wardance5
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how is that even debatable get the S4.
3/3/10 11:08 AM
Joe Lauzon

Twitter, Director of Awesome
 Ended up getting a 2010 Maxima with the sport package. 
3/3/10 9:58 PM
autotech
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Lauzon -  Ended up getting a 2010 Maxima with the sport package. 

Good choice the maxima is an awesome car.
3/4/10 9:15 AM
Joe Lauzon

Twitter, Director of Awesome
autotech - 
Joe Lauzon -  Ended up getting a 2010 Maxima with the sport package. 

Good choice the maxima is an awesome car.

I love the thing so far.
3/6/10 10:28 AM
stevekt
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So two Audi mechanics recommended Audi to you? Who'd a thunk it?

Thumbs up on the Maxima.
3/8/10 7:08 AM
tetris
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those new maximas are awesome! Is the car RWD or FWD? Pretty quick from what I've read.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.