UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Blue Chip Picks

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/8/09 12:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else use Blue Chip or Tortis picks? They are expensive, but what a tone, plus they don`t wear out..It kind of blows me away when guys spend thousands on a guitar and put a $.50 piece of plastic to it.. There is NO comparison between a boutique pick and a ultex or tortex.
7/8/09 1:03 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always used Tortex...my pick of choice , I guess-
7/8/09 1:50 PM
DasBeaver
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they have any give, or are they really hard?
I've got a pick made from a deer antler...doesn't sound that great.
7/8/09 5:23 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sure they give. hardness depends on the gauge you get...they're just nylon picks and last better and longer than plastic ones
7/9/09 10:26 AM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No they don`t give. They break as does real tortoise shell. And no they are not made of nylon. Tortis is cultured animal protein grown in a dish, and the blue chips are made out of a very expensive material. I`ve done several sound tests and nothing else compares except maybe real tortoise shell which is illegal.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.