UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Which animals have the best stats?

7/9/09 3:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fearOfABlackPlanet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

endurance is a human
7/9/09 4:45 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Q: What animal can jump the highest?

A high jumping puma [US Fish and Wildlife Service]

A: The puma wins the gold medal in the high jump. 15 feet (4.6 m)-- 5 times its height. Pumas (aka mountain lions) have been known to drop to the ground from a height of 60 feet (18 m). The highest humans have jumped is 8 feet 5 inches (2.6 m).

However, it's a different story relative to body size. The lowly flea wins hands down. Fleas jump 100 times their height. The elephant loses badly. It can't jump -- the only land mammal that can't jump.
7/9/09 4:51 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersonic - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/aIVcg0eGEsg&hl=en&fs=1&", "postVideo-26605331-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-26605331"); Agility = Snow Leopard. Im still amazed by the chase seen in this vid. about the 2min mark.

Awesome vid. The snow leopard just melts across those rocks.

FYI the Snow Leopard is very rarely filmed, so I recommend watching this. There's <100 left in the world IIRC.
7/9/09 4:51 AM
PR

SarcasmMisser - 
alpo - 
B Mcallister - 
alpo - Humans have the most endurance.  IIRC, no other animal even comes close. 

I think a wolf, husky or malamute would be superior here. Wolves run for hours

Right, because humans can't run for hours.

Um, actually, they can. Ever see a marathon?

Ahahahah you almost got me, then I read your screenname. Well played sir.
1/16/11 11:21 PM
yusul
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for agility and speed of non diving birds, it would be hummingbirds, which can fly backwards, or swallows which are the most agile birds outside of hummingbirds that i've seen. i think hummers can do 50-60 miles an hour but that would have to be googled.
1/18/11 11:09 PM
yusul
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spiders might win pfp; they can jump, they can run across water, probably zip thru pylons.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.