UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> 'Come Back Baby' - my turn

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/9/09 2:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whaledog
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/09/09 10:15 PM

Here's my version of Come Back Baby. It's in the style of Mance Lipscomb and uses his lyrics, but isn't note-for-note how Mance plays it.   It's how Fred Sokolow showed it to me.

After Hillbilly and Sreiter linked their versions, I promised to try to record how I play it.  It's straight from a Snowball USB mic to my computer - no effects on the recording.  There are some rough parts, but I figured it was better to upload something than to upload nothing.

I hope you enjoy.     
7/9/09 3:25 PM
DasBeaver
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds great man, you're voice isn't bad at all.
Nice job
7/9/09 4:59 PM
whaledog
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/09/09 5:05 PM
DasBeaver - Sounds great man, you're voice isn't bad at all.
Nice job
Thanks.

Funny story:  I played the song for my wife this morning.  She said that I've gone from "painful to hear" to "can't really sing, but at least you follow the melody of the guitar."  I took that as a great compliment.  :)

7/9/09 7:29 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was nice man- good job-
7/9/09 11:05 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds good! Ready to take it on the road!
7/10/09 2:19 AM
whaledog

Edited: 07/10/09 3:22 PM
Thanks Shootozen and Hillbilly
Hillbilly - Ready to take it on the road!
I'm lookin to take it about 5 miles up the road to a local spot called McCabes, where I'm tentatively making my public debut in August. I wonder if they'll add my name to their artists list. ;)    

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.