UnderGround Forums

Oregon Underground >> Where the people at?

7/11/09 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With soo many bjj guys up here this forum should be like the Hawaii ground yet it's dead.

We should strive to make this an active forum!
7/13/09 8:42 PM
PittWrestler
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish it got more action in here, but its always stayed dead. FCFF forum gets good heated local action and lots of antics. Did I read somewhere you have a new gym in the area?
7/13/09 9:11 PM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hillsboro, we should try and get this forum going!
7/19/09 1:18 PM
ryanjudoka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

southern oregon is ready to get this forum running
7/22/09 3:50 PM
KUIndustries

Nice, you train at the lotus club?
7/28/09 12:11 PM
ryanjudoka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no I train at Dynamic MMA (DFCC) in Roseburg, Judo school with an emphasis on newaza
7/28/09 2:02 PM
KUIndustries

Kind of a drive but if you can make it tomorrow is our grand opening. Kind of like a free seminar in Portland lol

www.gtoregon.com hillsboro
7/28/09 5:14 PM
PittWrestler
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KUI, you guys got air con? I'd make it our for that! I almost died last night during rolls and sparring from the heat.
7/29/09 12:33 AM
ryanjudoka

I would but i shattered my finger in a tournament a month ago the surgeon says i got 2 to 4 more weeks until the 4 screws are secure in the bone. Thanks for the invite though. I usually roll with a few newbreed guys when I come up north but I would love to check your guys' place out sometime.
7/30/09 2:54 PM
ntcdef
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eugene up in this bitch
7/30/09 8:10 PM
kdawg32086

How did the Grand Opening go?
8/1/09 5:53 PM
KUIndustries

Wohooo people in the forum!!

The grand opening was hotter than crap. Like 100+ inside and felt like dying.

Still had 30+ guys show up, I didn't advertise to new people because we had a few black belts and I wanted to take the opportunity to refine our games and learn new things vs. teaching the basics and trying to sell the gym. I kind of hate that part of it of running a gym.

Anyway, Rylan Lizares from Hawaii was there and showed some good stuff. Anibol Lobo from the lobo academy taught some take downs that I haven't seen. Some of Mel Locke's guys were there, a few Newbreed guys including soon to brown belt Kurt came out.

There were a lot of Oregon Pound guys there as well because that's like home base for me. Couple purples James Wolmacher, Josh Figuerora, Jonn Nishiguchi, Anthony Tran.

Went for a couple of hours but after an hour I am thinking most people felt done. We had tons of water which kind of helped. Will post pictures once I get them from Thiago or Rylan
8/3/09 6:05 AM
zmoney

Gresham here
8/4/09 5:41 PM
KUIndustries

You train at team quest?
8/30/09 6:44 AM
KUIndustries

Pictures are up (well some) http://www.facebook.com/nick.haloski?ref=profile#/nick.haloski?v=photos&ref=profile
9/1/09 5:23 PM
piratepirate
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My lonely ass is up in the couve.
10/4/09 5:25 PM
Slowbie

Just moved to Klamath Falls. Anyone from around here? Haven't found any place to train or anyone that seems be interested in MMA. Sigh.
10/9/09 11:47 PM
KUIndustries

There's a few schools in Medford
10/10/09 10:40 PM
Slowbie

That's about a 2 hour drive. If I wasn't a poor college kid that might be a option.
2/11/10 3:01 PM
RickStorm
1778 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beaverton checking in to TTT this thread
2/11/10 3:13 PM
PittWrestler

Training with Eric at Nemesis BJJ, he just opened it downtown.  Pretty frickin sweet set-up.
2/14/10 3:01 PM
lazr_dolphin_pewpew

Portland in the house. Training at CSA Portland (www.csaportland.com) with Ken Allen.
2/18/10 3:09 AM
Slowbie

Can't say enough good things about CSA and Ken Allen. Made me feel at home when I was in town to train.
2/26/10 11:21 PM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't trane anymore due to lack of funds and laziness so  I don't participate in these threads
2/28/10 1:13 PM
KUIndustries

I always wanted to train with Eric. Heard nothing but good things about him and his jitsu game is sick.

That's awesome that you found a school that fits you. Tons of good schools in Portland, just a matter of finding the right fit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.