UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Brock... yay!

7/12/09 2:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I'm not just saying that because I'm also a muscled-up white guy who has a pro wrestling background...

He looked really, really freakin' good. Where is a 265er that has those talents? Clearly he's been training.

I think he's gonna wear that belt for a while...

What do y'all think?
7/12/09 2:08 PM
Lucian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shane carwin?
7/12/09 2:12 PM
Lucian

there are definately more talented heavyweights and wrestlers in the sport right now, they just need to be able to compete againts his size and athleticism. I was really disapointed that mir lost so decisively because now there really are only a few legitimate contenders for the belt. Hopefully if Brock reigns for a while then Dana and Zuffa can keep his mouth in check so he doesn't wreck the reputation that so many have struggled to build for this sport.
^^thats my rant for the day...sorry^^

www.americanfightclubalabama.com
7/12/09 2:38 PM
MMA FRK

I would like to see him and Bobby Lashley fight. I think Brock has more talent, but size and athleticism should make for a great fight.
7/12/09 9:36 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see Lashley in the UFC!
7/13/09 12:25 AM
rnr7

No offense but as of right now, Lesnar would murder Lashley. Still think Lashley will be a damn good fighter though, he just hasnt got there yet. I hate the way Lesnar acted after the fight, but that m-fer is an absolute beast. I think he let his emotions get the best of him.
7/13/09 1:38 AM
RELENTLESS804

NOBODY SEEMS TO REMEMBER THE SH@T THAT FRANK MIR TALKED ALL YEAR LONG ABOUT BROCK.
7/13/09 1:46 AM
rnr7

Relentless, I completely agree about the shiattalking and Mir deserved what he got. I just dont want the UFC champ acting like the WWE champ. By the way I like Lesnar, he's a monster.
7/13/09 8:14 AM
Lucian

Dana White said post fight that Fedor vs Brock will happen.
WAR FEDOR!
7/13/09 11:35 AM
ovrgrwnkd

Edited: 07/13/09 10:28 PM
rnr7 - Relentless, I completely agree about the shiattalking and Mir deserved what he got. I just dont want the UFC champ acting like the WWE champ. By the way I like Lesnar, he's a monster.

Lesnar is a homo. :) I can't believe you like this guy. Public perception of MMA (mainly in the south) is skeptical at best. He's a HORRIBLE role model. He beat a great fighter like Frank Mir and how does he act? By going over to the corner and talking trash to a demoralized fighter. I don't want to hear this crap about "Mir talked trash before the fight." They both did. That's part of the hype. That's good for tv. What a fighter does afterwards shows his true self. Even the Diaz brothers treat their opponents w/ respect after a win. How is a sport supposed to change public image when the HW champ is talking all that crap. (like getting on his wife) Whats even worse is by his win he now becomes the new "poster boy" for the UFC. Maybe not to true MMA fans that have watched it since the beginning. But the uneducated ones who want the sport to fail will be pointing a finger to Lesnar saying, "I told you so. That's what their all about." Oh, monetary wise it will be great for the UFC. Yet, the image of the sport suffers.

It's hard for me to believe someone as good as Mir (bjj) could be held down for that long (with very little effort and one arm) and his opponent not be taking...let's say HGH. I'd bet any amount on it.

That "shiattalking"..is that some form of Muslim trash talking? :)
7/13/09 7:30 PM
rnr7

ovrgrwnkid, you probably know more about muslim trash talking than you do about mma. Nobody ever said he was a role model but the dude can fight. By the way, he was in halfguard when he, as you say, was being held down by one arm, so I imagine that 280lbs on top of him was helping to keep him there just a little.
7/13/09 11:08 PM
ovrgrwnkd

Edited: 07/13/09 11:10 PM
rnr7 - ovrgrwnkid, you probably know more about muslim trash talking than you do about mma. Nobody ever said he was a role model but the dude can fight. By the way, he was in halfguard when he, as you say, was being held down by one arm, so I imagine that 280lbs on top of him was helping to keep him there just a little.

I never claimed to be an expert. (uh hem) I do know he was in "half guard" (Mr. inventor of new compound words)and trapped Mirs hand. My point is it's hard to believe someone of Mirs size, strength, and skill couldn't get close to getting up. Not even close. Lesnar has to be on something. You know it. I will give him props on ability. Anyone who can win the HW belt in their fourth fight is obviously gifted.

I just can't believe you like the guy. I understand nobody's perfect. Maybe his actions will be an isolated incident.
7/14/09 12:07 AM
williepep
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Lesnar has to be on something"

----------------------------------------------------

This is what pencil neck geeks normally say about anyone that is strong
7/14/09 12:08 AM
williepep
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look if you never wrestled you just don't have the hips
7/14/09 12:30 AM
Alex Harkins

Mir does suck, he is the only heavyweight coordinated enough to do an arm bar. He sucked before, he sucks now, and he'll suck well into the future.
7/14/09 12:45 AM
williepep

Alex Harkins -  Mir does suck, he is the only heavyweight coordinated enough to do an arm bar. He sucked before, he sucks now, and he'll suck well into the future.

Lets face it generally speaking the HW class in MMA sucks, very little talent.

When you are that big and fighting people that big, I think wrestling skills become even more important, the margin for error is very small.

As a HW bad position can spell trouble real fast
7/14/09 9:40 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You may not be a fan of Mir's but anyone who competes in MMA at that level does not "suck". Anyone with a sub victory over Traven does not "suck".

Anyone with a KO brutal beating of a Legend like Nog (insert excuses for Nog here) does not "suck".

And keep in mind, he also tapped the fuck out of Lesnar...they are 1-1 with a rubber match coming later.

Mir has competed at a high level of MMA for a long time and is 12-4. That is a solid record, and it is not like all those 12 wins were against cans or something.

You may not like him, and I am certainly not going to sit here and say he is the best HW out there. I personally would list him as top ten right now. But to say he "sucks" is a little outlandish.
7/14/09 11:51 AM
cb2sdavis

I agree, I don't think anybody can say Mir "sucks". I don't think he can beat Lesnar right now and the reason he can't be beat Lesnar is just going to be a very long debate. However I do know this, Barnette vs. Lesnar would be a great fight.
7/14/09 11:52 AM
cb2sdavis

BTW, how do I get blue name??????
7/14/09 2:38 PM
Alex Harkins

His BJJ just isn't that good.

He subbed a guy who just competed at MW, and was a small MW at that, Traven is a cool guy but he is more of a grappler than a fighter.

He beat a staph infected Big Nog, I'm still not impressed.

After being saved by the ref, he tapped Lesnar in Lesnar's second fight.

Before you bring it up, yes he broke Tim Sylvia's arm.....

.... with his cup.

And let's not forget his victories over the greatest HW of all time, Wes Sims.(I'm kidding of course)

He also got fucked up by Brandon Vera and Pe De Pano.

So Frank Mir is not "back" because Frank Mir was never even good.

7/14/09 5:47 PM
TomStedham

cb2sdavis - BTW, how do I get blue name??????

Chris,

Click the "ACCOUNT" tab at the top of the screen and buy a membership...
7/15/09 12:27 AM
Lucian

Ricco vouched for Mir's BJJ and that's enough for me. As for his striking he looked really good against Nog (excuses or not) and even before his wreck he was known for submitting people in fights. I would say he is pretty good...losing to the beast that is Brock Lesnar does not make you a poor fighter imo.
7/15/09 1:47 AM
cb2sdavis

check that, I want to get a green name.
7/16/09 3:23 AM
williepep

except 1 or 2 the entire HW division of MMA sucks
7/20/09 7:01 PM
MMAreaper

Ok. I'm not a huge fan of Brock's but I have mad respect for the man. He started weight lifting in the 6th grade wrestled from middle school - college. I'm not going to even dream of trying to list all of his acheivements. I honestly don't think that anyone in the UFC can handle Lesnar.  I put together a list of some of the more popular Heavyweights and what I beleive would happen if they fought Lesnar. If I missed anyone let me know.

Potential Heavyweights (inside and outside of UFC)  VS Brock Lesnar

Carwain = Only chance of winning is by lucky punch similiar to what happened with Gonzaga. Rd. TKO loss

Gonzaga =  Think Randy Couture to the 100th power. I see Gonzaga going down Rd. 1  Ground N Pound TKO

Valesquez(spelling?) = If he gets hit like Herring did I think he would be out cold. Loss Rd 1 KO

Nogueria(spelling) = I think Big Nog would last until Rd 3. then get KOed.  Loss Rd 3 KO

Couture = I think Randy would do a lot better the second time around but would still lose.  Loss Rd 3 TKO

Kongo = Do I need to even go there?  Loss TKO Rd 1 Ground N Pound

Lashley = Give him about 2-3 years to have some more matches and he may be able to win outright. right now he may be the only wrestler strong and fast enough to pose a threat to lesnar on the ground. loss Rd. 3 KO

F. Emelienko = I see Fedor winning in the later rounds from Lesnar gassing out.

A. Emelienko = I don't see this fight getting past Rd 2. Lesnar TKO Ground N Pound

Arlovski = Has the skill but not the chin. He Frustrated Fedor until he got hit same thing happening here
Rd. 1 Lesnar Punch

S. Petruzelli = he got lucky against Kimbo....Could lightning strike twice?  highly doubtful Lesnar Rd 1 Murder.

Mir = The rubber match would be something along the lines of Ortiz vs Shamrock 1.  Loss Rd 3 TKO again

Barnett = I've seen Barnett fight a few times, but I don't think he can handle Lesnar on the ground or standing up. Loss Rd 3 TKO

Cro Cop = Only chance of winning is if Brock decides to stand up and he can land a Left Head Kick. Loss Rd 1 Ground N Pound

Jeff Monson = Great ground fighter. Small, Powerful, Stocky guy. I think if Monson chances increase the longer the fight is on the ground.  Monson wins Rd 3 by Armbar or Rd 4 by Guillotine Choke.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.