UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> "Textbook of Ju-jutsu" (1905) re-animated

7/13/09 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
martinburke
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if this has already been posted.

In 1905, ju-jutsu pioneer Sadakazu Uyenishi and his students issued the "Textbook of Ju-jutsu". It was partly illustrated with "cinematographics" produced by the Gaumont Film Company, here re-animated for the first time in over 100 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALLe1wghSA
7/15/09 1:28 AM
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best book of the period.I have searched for the elusive sequel on ground work for the last 30 years.
7/17/09 11:15 PM
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know.I read in the book that Raku planned to write a seperate book devoted to ground work and asked the book dealer i purchased it from if he had or could get the second volume,replied he believed he had sold a copy years before but hadn't seen another since.
7/20/09 8:48 PM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was awesome!
1/12/10 12:26 PM
Stronghold
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later
1/13/10 7:37 PM
Lechernich
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool.
10/3/11 7:57 PM
de braco

10/5/11 1:09 PM
screwtop wine
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

de braco - Don't know.I read in the book that Raku planned to write a seperate book devoted to ground work and asked the book dealer i purchased it from if he had or could get the second volume,replied he believed he had sold a copy years before but hadn't seen another since.

Uyenishi never did a second book, unfortunately. Closest thing would be "The Game of Jiu Jitsu" By Yukio Tani and Taro Miyake.Exceptionally rare for a book of that period to show groundwork, The Game has a large section devoted to it.
10/5/11 9:09 PM
de braco

That was probabally what he was talking about, since I've never ran across a copy of another Uyenishi book.
10/12/11 1:27 PM
TBoy2
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.