11/17/09 6:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zwingli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt,  just incase
11/18/09 8:51 AM
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

recipe

prime steak
kosher salt
oiled grill

thats all you need for a good steak. all the other stuff does is cover up the flavor of the steak! this is all they use at top steak houses.
11/18/09 12:45 PM
MetaDevil

Jeebus, if you're going to fuck up a steak with soy sauce, bottled marinades from a store, and cook it to medium well, please don't waste your money on a fucking ribeye or strip or, please God no, a porterhouse. Get a round steak for $.99/lb and leave the tender cuts to people who appreciate them.

Goddamn ribeyes are $12.99/lb because, IMO, 70% of the people who buy them don't have a fucking clue as to why the ribeye is so prized. I sat in a Kansas City, MO steakhouse once with a client who ordered filet mignon well-done. I did everything I could to keep from reaching across the table and slapping him, "why are you here wasting my money?!"
11/24/09 12:21 AM
Unicron

Should only my cast iron pots be oily all the time and should I just wip them down after use?
11/24/09 2:05 PM
MetaDevil

Unicron - Should only my cast iron pots be oily all the time and should I just wip them down after use?

Here's my basic clean-up process depending on the amount of sludge in there:

Level 1) wipe out with a paper towel.

Level 2) wipe out again with a paper towel or newspaper, and then scrub with some coarse salt crystals.

Level 3) if gunk is really caked on, heat a little water (deglaze) in there, and scrub gently with a soft natural bristle scrub brush that has never even whiffed the scent of soap.

After that, wipe it dry with a paper towel, put a few drops of vegetable oil in there and use a paper towel to coat the entire pan - inside and out - before putting it away (I store mine in the oven). I re-season mine once every year or two, sometimes longer depending on how they look.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.