UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Kickboxers, tell me about your injuries!

7/15/09 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Count Duckula
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, I'm not a doctor.
I just want to know the types injuries you've been getting, and how do they effect your life.

hand injuries, and broken limbs,
Are knee blow outs common?

how about the back? I sort of feel, out of all martial arts kickboxing would be the least likely to have back problems. am I wrong?
8/16/09 10:54 PM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plenty of back problems in kickboxing. Lotsa pulled or strained psoas muscles which will throw your back out and are pain (no pun intended) to let heal.
8/17/09 1:53 PM
MMADC

In kickboxing I see a lot of jammed or broken fingers, broken wrist and hand bones, fractured forearms, strained/separated/broken ribs, broken noses, broken teeth, black eyes, broken toes, ACL/MCL tears, sprained ankles, etc.

There are lots of back pain and back injuries in kickboxing. Many of them happen with over-rotation such as with MMA grappling (during throws and takedowns). Many of them also happen when proper stretching isn't done. That's how mine happened. I pulled psoas muscle a week after getting a rib separation. They've taken over a month to heal.
8/23/09 8:16 PM
Seul
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had a ton of jammed fingers/toes, sprained wrists, shoulder tendinitis, lots of scraps/bruises on my knuckles, and sprained feet. None of these really affected my life outside of the ankle sprains, which made running difficult.

I've occasionally had issues with my face getting banged up more regularly than my employer would prefer (mostly cuts or bruises around my eye sockets or bloody lips), which led to a small amount of tension with my boss.

I had some neck problems for a little while in the past and one of my ankles is a little gimped out, but those are from wrestling and circus (respectively). I haven't sustained any long-term nagging injuries from kickboxing/standup training, but I young (23) and haven't accrued enough cumulative wear and tear.

I've found wrestling and grappling to be a little harder on the body, so far.
8/27/09 1:24 AM
JasonE

Wow, you guys need my help! ;)

Look me up anytime you're in the Twin Cities.

Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.