UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Phil Ivey @ ME Final table!!!

7/16/09 1:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ATLien420
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8th place out of 10 to start!!! One more down to get to the N9!!
7/16/09 1:18 AM
ATLien420
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also cardplayer magazine's Jeff Shulman is in 4th
10/12/09 4:43 PM
ChimpFL
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Ivey wins it all. Do you know if final table is going to be on PPV this year?
10/13/09 2:33 AM
WrestlingSucks
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it's on ppv again I believe. Does anyone know how the ppv plays out?

Does it show every hand live or a sample of hands like the espn coverage? If it is live, do they show hole cards like espn or is it just like sitting in the crowd from home?
10/13/09 8:42 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno Wrestling. I watched the 2006 WSOP main event final table live on PPV without hole cards, and I couldnt believe how awesome it actually was. I'd always read how shitty televised poker was without the hole cards, but I found it awesome. When Alan Cunnigham called a big river bluff by Jamie Gold with Ace high and it won, I almost fell off my couch.
10/13/09 12:30 PM
andre
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would MUCH prefer to watch it without hole cards. I want to see every hand and try to put people on hands.
10/13/09 2:42 PM
TitoIsBACK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - I would MUCH prefer to watch it without hole cards. I want to see every hand and try to put people on hands.

Yea it's alot better without hole cards. It's cool when they do that wild card thing on the WSOP coverage this year because they hide the person's hole cards and you try and figure out what hand they have.
10/13/09 4:44 PM
andre
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TitoIsBACK - 
andre - I would MUCH prefer to watch it without hole cards. I want to see every hand and try to put people on hands.

Yea it's alot better without hole cards. It's cool when they do that wild card thing on the WSOP coverage this year because they hide the person's hole cards and you try and figure out what hand they have.

I like that, too, but it's really hard to make a read without seeing the hands that led up to that point. I usually need to know a bit about the style of the player and what the previous action was like before I can get a good read.
10/13/09 10:50 PM
WrestlingSucks
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive never watched poker from tv without seeing hole cards so I don't know if I'd like it or not. Just trying to figure out whether or not want to get the ppv.

It seems like there would be a lot of hands where you would desperately want to know what a player folded or bet with and they would all go into the muck.
10/14/09 6:52 PM
Phenom nom nom'd my Ace
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iits pretty cool.

i played cards on here while i w atched.

but i didnt pay for it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.