UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Salter breaks arm to win fight...

7/19/09 8:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hiza Geri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc

He broke the OTHER guys arm!  Apparently, it was a tough fight.  Congrats to John on another win!
7/19/09 11:05 AM
williepep
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where was this?

Who did he fight?
7/19/09 3:39 PM
MMA FRK

It was Saturday in Daphne against Jim Hammortree. By far his toughest fight yet. Hammortree was a beast. Salter popped his knee and I think sprang his LCL and Meniscus in the second round, so he couldn't push off of his right leg for the rest of the fight. He won by arm bar in the 3rd round, but he had to break his arm to do so... Literally. They both had to be carried out of the cage.
7/19/09 4:47 PM
Hiza Geri

Their fight was the main event.  They were both so wasted that the venue was EMPTY before they even made it out of the ring!!  Hammortree screamed forever.  John talked to his coach later, and he said that everything in his elbow had been torn...
7/19/09 5:12 PM
williepep
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ What is Hammortree's background?

Can I say, what is his style?
7/19/09 5:17 PM
gorillagrappling

Wrestling and boxing
7/19/09 5:26 PM
MMA FRK

Only two fights I've seen of Hammertree before he never went to the ground and won both by KO...
7/19/09 5:31 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great fight. I had it even going into the third round. Both guys showed a ton of heart and skill. Both guys are sick wrestlers, but John's BJJ made the difference.

Congrats to Salter the new UEP middleweight champ!

Thanks to Nelson Berry and UEP for putting on a great event!
7/19/09 7:01 PM
rnr7

What a war! Salter really showed what kind of fighter/person he is, clutch submission... Hammortree is a beast and one tough s.o.b.
7/19/09 8:24 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talked to the promoter earlier and he said that Hammortree's arm was not broken. That is really good news.
7/19/09 8:27 PM
rnr7

Absolutely! I'd hate to see that guy out for too long.
7/19/09 8:34 PM
rnr7

By the way, it was pretty cool to see Alan Belcher and Rich Clementi there. It's nice to know that some bigger name guys are supporting the sport in the south, we need it.
7/19/09 9:51 PM
boardbreaker

Thank you guys. I really hope that his arm is ok. He is a great fighter and showed a lot of heart. Thanks for the support.
7/19/09 10:01 PM
williepep

bigmills008 - Talked to the promoter earlier and he said that Hammortree's arm was not broken. That is really good news.

Good news, serious injuries are not good

despite Hiza's attempt to exploit this injury, we prefer to call him the boardbreaker, not the arm breaker
7/19/09 10:13 PM
Alex Harkins

I'm sure Hiza gave Hammortree his card.

Congrats though Salter, racking up the wins.
7/19/09 10:20 PM
gorillagrappling

From the way John explained the Moises the arm made, it would probably have been less of an injury if it actually broke. Instead his tissues, ligaments and tendons (don't heal like bones) are wrecked. Either way it sucks. And John feels pretty bad about it. Jimmy, it's good to know you had it even until the third. John said he was certain he wad losing.
7/19/09 10:54 PM
bigmills008

gorillagrappling - From the way John explained the Moises the arm made, it would probably have been less of an injury if it actually broke. Instead his tissues, ligaments and tendons (don't heal like bones) are wrecked. Either way it sucks. And John feels pretty bad about it. Jimmy, it's good to know you had it even until the third. John said he was certain he wad losing.

Yeah I agree coming off some of my injuries the ligaments and tendons don't heal like the bones. Hopefully he doesn't need elbow surgery. It sucks!

No he was not losing. Salter won round 1 and Hamortree won round 2. Everyone I was with felt the same way.

Videos should be available soon. I will post for you guys how to get a copy. Photos might be up at www.ueplive.com not sure yet.
7/19/09 11:06 PM
Hiza Geri

Exploitation... I'm NOT a county commissioner!  (I did give him my card, though...)
7/20/09 12:09 AM
rnr7

agreed big mills, it was 1-1 in my opinion, just an amazing fight on both parts. I really dont know how his arm didnt break. Hope for a speedy recovery.
7/20/09 1:18 AM
williepep

Alex Harkins -  I'm sure Hiza gave Hammortree his card.

Congrats though Salter, racking up the wins.

Aflow is a wise one
7/20/09 1:19 AM
williepep

Hiza Geri -  Exploitation... I'm NOT a county commissioner!  (I did give him my card, though...)

If you had not you would have let us all down!
7/20/09 7:03 PM
boardbreaker

I also have to say that it was the best night of fights I have ever been a part of. Every fight, even ammys, was good. I was very impressed. There was a win by gogo plota, which I am sure makes Leif happy.
7/20/09 7:07 PM
MMA FRK

Let us know when the video is up...
7/20/09 7:30 PM
MMAreaper

i want to see the video of the go go plota win.....my favorite move....sadly one im both to fat as well as not flexible enough to pull off. I tried one the other day against a noob and got in trouble for kicking him in the face. :(
7/21/09 2:29 AM
bigmills008

boardbreaker - I also have to say that it was the best night of fights I have ever been a part of. Every fight, even ammys, was good. I was very impressed. There was a win by gogo plota, which I am sure makes Leif happy.

Yeah man that was Jason Knight. He is a 17 year old kid from Alan's gym who is a solid blue belt. He fights for our ammy boxing team as well. He is undefeated in boxing & kickboxing and something like 10-0 in mma. Awesome kid with a big future.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.