UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Moral relativism

8/11/11 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SwedishShooto
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love religious people, this has been a great read. To think that Atecexa is actually being serious is amazing to me, haha.
8/11/11 10:59 PM
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"lol, you must be trolling. No one is actually this stupid."

The only way man could have survived is if he was 100% complete on day 1 as he is today.
8/12/11 11:58 PM
Atecexa

you guys must be liberals since you seem to try to make points without actually backing it up with anything

simple question. explain how man could have survived if he was not 100% as he is today from day 1. if i'm so dumb and youre so awesome just explain that. you cant so you resort to name calling. like most liberals do when they cant actually back up a position with facts or even a soild opinion.

to get back to the original point and show how ignorant people are when trying to use scripture against itself or to try to show contradictions when in eality they obviously never read the scripture or conveniently leave out the part that would prove their point invalid.
8/13/11 12:15 AM
Atecexa

"Kill everyone who has religious beliefs that are different from your own. 17:2-7"

I will post 17:1-7 to get a better context since yes 1 verse does make a difference.

Deu 17:1 "You shall not sacrifice to the LORD your God a bull or sheep which has any blemish [or] defect, for that [is] an abomination to the LORD your God.

Deu 17:2 "If there is found among you, within any of your gates which the LORD your God gives you, a man or a woman who has been wicked in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing His covenant,

Deu 17:3 "who has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, either the sun or moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded,

Deu 17:4 "and it is told you, and you hear [of it], then you shall inquire diligently. And if [it is] indeed true [and] certain that such an abomination has been committed in Israel,

Deu 17:5 "then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has committed that wicked thing, and shall stone to death that man or woman with stones.

Deu 17:6 "Whoever is deserving of death shall be put to death on the testimony of two or three witnesses; he shall not be put to death on the testimony of one witness.

Deu 17:7 "The hands of the witnesses shall be the first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So you shall put away the evil from among you.

I don't see anything that says Kill anyone whose beliefs are different from your own. What it refers is what is and is not an acceptable sacrifice, which is also obvious is that this is directed to the Israelites, since noone else would be performing animal sacrifices. God made a covenant with the Israelite people and there were certain things he expected from them. One of them was not worshipping pagan gods of other nations. Just like you would not want your wife having sex with another man God did not want his people having intimate worship with anyone but him. The punishment for sin is death plain and simple. Which is also why giving false testimony was also a sin punishable by death.

8/13/11 9:52 PM
Atecexa

Anyone who will not listen to a priest or a judge must be executed. 17:12-13

Very light paraphrase so I'll provide the full text

Deu 17:12 And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.

Deu 17:13 And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.

Deu 17:14 ¶ When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that [are] about me;

A priest then is what we think of as a priest today. A priest was a governing entity like a sherriff or a cop, he was a law enforcer. The judges were like Kings in that they were rulers accordig to the law. Punishments were harsh back then and they didn't screw around, the wages of sin is death and I'll bet ya dollars to donuts that when someone got publicly executed for doing something (that we would call minor) I bet ya it didn't happen again anytime soon. Punishments were about setting examples, so often it is quote to "purge the evil from Israel" get rid of those who refuse to follow the law clearly laid down and others will fall in line accordingly
8/13/11 10:01 PM
Atecexa

If you have a "stubborn and rebellious son," then you and the other men in your neighborhood "shall stone him with stones that he die." 21:18-21

Again I will provide the whole text

Deu 21:18 ¶ If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and [that], when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Deu 21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

Deu 21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; [he is] a glutton, and a drunkard.

Deu 21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

One of the ten commandments was "Thou shalt honor your father and mother that they days may long upon the earth" this is the only commandment that comes with a promise, and for good reason. As a child the parent is the steward placed by God to manage that child while on earth, just like a supervisor at work. He may not own the business but the owner has placed him as steward so you have to do what he says if you want to work there, disobey and be rebellious to the manager and you wont have a long tenure of employment. Disobey and be rebellious to your parents (which is the same as doing it to God himself) and you have a long life. Godis not saying here that if your kid acts up you kill them. It is geared towards those who will just simply not comply after many repeated attempts to work with him. It goes back to how this kid's behavioir affects the tribe.
8/13/11 10:05 PM
Atecexa

If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death." 22:23-24

This is clearly your most grossly misquoted and taken out of context. pay close attention to verses 25&26 which you conveniently left out as many who try to misquote scripture will do. I'm surprised someone who passes themselves off as educated and intelligent would make such a juvenille attack with this particular passage

Deu 22:23 ¶ If a damsel [that is] a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

Deu 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, [being] in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

Deu 22:25 ¶ But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:

Deu 22:26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; [there is] in the damsel no sin [worthy] of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so [is] this matter:

I won't even bother typing up an explanation to this one as it pretty much explains itself

8/15/11 10:40 PM
Atecexa

well i know noone around here really continues to argue a point once faced wit logical fact and reasoning but come on i'm not even that good. if it were ken ham, ray comfort or ravi zachariah i could see not trying to engage but seriously im a dolt compared to those guys
8/5/12 11:52 AM
brannnon
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impossible to prove or disprove one way or the other so not worth fully discussing.

I would imagine that if their are absolute laws of physics/existence there could also be absolute laws of behavior.
12/2/12 9:07 PM
AoG
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atecexa - "lol, you must be trolling. No one is actually this stupid."

The only way man could have survived is if he was 100% complete on day 1 as he is today.

You don't understand evolution go read a book that isn't the bible.
12/31/12 12:02 AM
ShakeNBake
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/21/13 4:03 PM
Joe Ray

Edited: 01/21/13 4:02 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.