UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> question about a weight cutting method???

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/22/09 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CHISM205
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna post this on a couple of forums cause i'm looking for differant opinions.

I have been using the rubbing alcohol, epsom salt, and hot water methods to cut weight for a few years now. for those of you that dont know what that is i'll explain.

Take 7-8 bottles of wintergreen rubbing alcohol mix with a tub of hot water and epsom salt. Soak for about 45 mins. most people do it the night before weigh-ins but i do it the morning of. i usually lose 4-5lbs while soaking.

My question is, is there or could there be any side effects from doing this. I know it says on the bottles of rubbing alcohol to not put on large amounts of the body but i'm sure the tub of water dilutes it down. so i was wondering if there could be or is there any side effects of this down the road? thanks
7/22/09 9:36 PM
CHISM205

ttt
7/23/09 6:04 AM
WidespreadPanic

Albolene is probably a better method for cutting water weight.

But, you should have a comprehensive plan that includes:
1. Cutting fat and dieting;
2. How far out from the comp you should start your fat loss, how far out to start your water loss;
3. What level of comp. you should or should not bother to cut weight (i.e. low level comps and beginners);
4. Rehydrating and getting nutrients after the weigh-in

Since you're a green namer, I presume you are not fighting low-level comps, but people reading this might not realize it's not for them.

As  far as bad side effects, alcohol is a dehydration agent, leaching oils out of your skin. You're probably rupturing capillaries as well with the very hot water, and elevating your blood pressure and putting a strain on your kidneys.

Check Stephan Kesting's site for a good plan on cutting water weight and realize that -just- cutting water weight when you're carrying around 10-20lbs of fat (if you're over 10%BF) is the wrong way to go about it.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.