7/24/09 5:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
J Flip
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone say something helpful. please.
7/24/09 7:02 PM
pm1964
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't fuck it up!
7/24/09 7:36 PM
Fake Pie

I could tell you it isn't as hard as you think it is, but that didn't make me feel better when people told me.
7/24/09 8:06 PM
Fake Pie

The MBE is pie. If you do well on it you can basically write in crayon on the essays and pass. What did you get on your last simulated MBE?
7/24/09 9:57 PM
J Flip

I don't know about the scaled score, but I was in the top 20% according to barbri. I'm not worried about the MBE or the MPT, just about a state essay question out of left field.
7/24/09 10:31 PM
J Flip

turducken - Don't worry about the fringe material. Know the meat of what's tested and you'll be fine. You won't get any oddball essays, and even if you do, everyone else will fuck it up just as badly as you so it won't even matter.

this is all stuff I have been told and that I know, but for some reason hearing it on the OG is more reassuring.
7/25/09 12:53 PM
Xtina

if other OGers can pass the bar, surely you can, too.
7/25/09 4:01 PM
MMA Sports Agent

J Flip - someone say something helpful. please.

I'm taking NY Tuesday... last year 75% of those who took it in July passed. That stat. made me feel a little better. If you went to an ABA approved law school then you stood a 90% chance of passing.

I'm going to go back to studying now because given those stats. I'm going to feel like a complete and utter waste of space and breathing air dumbass if I don't pass this thing.
7/26/09 12:28 AM
Shaz

Dude WTF ARE YOU DOING ONLINE YOU SHOULD BE STUDYING ARGHH!!11!!

Anyway, seriously, here's what to do:

1 - Dress in layers/bring a change of clothes.  It was freezing in the place I took it in so I was glad I had a sweatshirt with me

2 - Bring snacks (NOT NOISY ONES) and some water/juice/soda whatever (if you're allowed to).

3 - Extra pencils/pens

4 - I brought a clock to put on the desk to check the time easier than my watch

5 - DO NOT under any circumstances talk with any colleagues, friends, etc. who also took it about questions you were asked and what the answer should have been, you'll only drive yourself crazy.  When the test is over, it's over, you either passed or you didn't.  Talking to other people about what the right answers were will not affect whether you passed or not, it will only make you insane.

Good luck!

-Shaz!
7/26/09 12:46 AM
MMA Sports Agent

Just destroyed a 20 question set of real property MBEs. Feeling pretty confident.
7/28/09 9:57 PM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie - The MBE is pie. If you do well on it you can basically write in crayon on the essays and pass. What did you get on your last simulated MBE?

I hope this is true in California cuz i feel like i got ass raped during the essays today.
7/28/09 10:00 PM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Sports Agent - Just destroyed a 20 question set of real property MBEs. Feeling pretty confident.

Hey are those percentages scores correct for goals?  The multisubject one I took the other day had a 64% goal and I scored an 84%.

7/29/09 3:53 PM
goku

its not hard..really its not...if you overthink things you can actually screw yourself...
7/30/09 12:01 PM
J Flip

done. that shit wasn't so bad. of all the state-specific subjects (corporations, agency, partnership, wills, trusts, commercial paper, secured transactions, state and federal civil procedure, family law, and professional responsibility) we got one family law essay and the rest were friggin' multi-state subjects. I wasted weeks learning all that business shit.

Everything else was exactly as expected. Failure would be shocking.
7/30/09 6:02 PM
conviser
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was cool with the MEE subjects as well. Seemed fairly straightforward. The MBE went somewhat as expected, although I am a bit paranoid about my state's hard cutoff score. Didn't have to worry about that for NY, which I passed a while back.

Barring massive bad luck on the 50-50 questions, I think I'll be OK, too.

And yes, my user name stems from my prior bar experience. Couldn't think of anything else.
7/30/09 8:46 PM
Fake Pie

LOL @ conviser (the name).
7/30/09 10:37 PM
mjw2e

I finished the bar today...now the wait begins...
8/4/09 2:04 AM
PrettyBoy

The MBE was the only thing that was expected California fucked us all...I'll be back on this thread come Feburary....FUCK
11/21/09 1:47 AM
PrettyBoy

nevermind!
11/22/09 5:28 PM
Fake Pie

Sweet, congrats!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.