UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Car shopping time!

7/25/09 11:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a continuation of a previous thread, here is the pertinent info:

"Contract problems with toyota. As in we don't have a valid one due to a paperwork screw up on their part. They said they will be happy to let us keep paying for the car, but won't draw up a new contract. Meaning they could repo the car at will regardless of how much I have in it."

Well, they've decided to do just that. Never missed a payment, but when I went to pay this month I was directed to their "Asset Protection Department". Wow. Treat their paying customers like deadbeats because of a mistake on their part. I know who I'm not ever going to buy from again.

Actually I think I'm just going to never finance a car again. We're gonna hit craigslist and possibly some dealerships today, see what we can do with 15k. Need something with 4wd as we're moving back to tahoe. I'm thinking wrangler.
7/25/09 10:44 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/25/09 10:45 PM
Came to my senses about the wrangler. Since we're gonna be starting a family, this will probably work better. '05 A4 1.8T quattro. Black on black. Next up, needs to be chipped, black 18's and a roof rack.

7/27/09 2:59 AM
White347LX
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't you have a A4 at one time?
7/27/09 9:33 AM
big_slacker

Yeah, I had a 2000 with the same motor.
8/1/09 7:50 PM
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"'05 A4 1.8T quattro. Black on black. Next up, needs to be chipped, black 18's and a roof rack."

keep another 15k on hand for when it starts to break daily and spend more time on a lift than on the road
8/3/09 4:12 PM
big_slacker

I've owned one before as mentioned and the worst problem I had was a glovebox rattle. Thanks for the "concern" though, I'll update with any problems and you can say I told you so if something occurs.
8/3/09 10:33 PM
Mark1

big_slacker - I've owned one before as mentioned and the worst problem I had was a glovebox rattle. Thanks for the "concern" though, I'll update with any problems and you can say I told you so if something occurs.

Come on, man.  Audi is notorious for their problems.  Most reliability reports prove this.

Your problem free 2000 was a rarity.

Mark
8/4/09 1:22 PM
big_slacker

Its not that audi is without their problems, I was just reacting to the "keep another 15k on hand" thing. If you look at audiworld you'll see that most minor problems are solved by having a VAG-COM, a bentley manual and general mechanical skills.

Any expensive defects are usually found and fixed under warranty during the first 3 years. I had the luxury of seeing the service records for the car before buying and no major problems. Also the scheduled maintenance was followed.

So we'll see how it plays out. If I do have major problems not caused by abuse you can be sure I'll be bitching about them here. :)
10/28/09 10:00 PM
Sothy

lol, I remember when you owned the thing in 2000...damn, I've been away for a while...
11/2/09 12:20 AM
big_slacker

Its now chipped. Its a pig off the line but pretty fun once up to speed. We're back in tahoe anyway, no stoplight races, just twisties. A tank of gas lasts 2+ weeks, I suspect the car isn't going to get a lot of miles on it. :D

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.